Accomplishes all food preparation, sushi methods, procedures and timing to ensure that all food product adheres to the specifications and quality standards of Ling & Louie’s. Must be efficient and adaptive in a fast paced environment, must react quickly and under control during all times of emergencies and high-pressure situations. Must maintain and have knowledge as well as passion for food, the restaurant industry and the concept.
Essential Job Functions:
- Exemplifies the Ling & Louie’s Spirit of Service in all duties
- Complies with all Board of Health, INS and Safety requirements.
- Reports to work as indicated on the work schedule and in the correct uniform.
- Practices positive personal hygiene and cleanliness habits during all work shifts.
- Performs restaurant food preparation and works line as scheduled by Executive Kitchen Manager.
- Ensures and maintains food quality and consistency by preparing menu items to recipe.
- Assists the Executive Kitchen Manager in maintaining all safety, security, sanitation, cleanliness and housekeeping standards for the restaurant.
- Assists the Executive Kitchen Manager and the General Manager in achieving all food, labor and operating expense budgets.
- Checks, prior to the start of the shift, the par and stock levels of items on the line to ensure sufficient quantity for the demands of the business. Maintains sufficient back-up par levels. Communicates any discrepancies to the Kitchen Manager.
- Maintains the highest degree of sanitation, cleanliness and food safety for work area to include counter tops, refrigeration units, floors, walls and shelving.
- Accomplishes all job duties while adhering to all safety guidelines and practices throughout the shift. Immediately reports any unsafe condition or unsafe act, accidents and/or injuries to the Kitchen Manager.
- Assists the Executive Kitchen Manager as well as the General Manager in fulfilling all business goals and objectives of the restaurant.
- Correctly completes all station closing duties at the end of each shift.
- Assists Kitchen Manager and other kitchen personnel in accomplishing closing duties and kitchen cleanliness.
- Projects and/or tasks as assigned by Executive Kitchen Manager and/or General Manager.
- Must have ability to stand for long periods of time as well as lift a minimum of 50 pounds.