Sustainability/Carbon Program Mgr.
Amazon Data Services, Inc.
Seattle, WA, US
30+ days ago
· Bachelor's Degree in Business, Environmental Science, Engineering (Civil, Mechanical, Electrical), or other Sustainability-related field, or 5+ years of additional field-specific work experience
· 5+ years of experience developing and executing environmental sustainability programs in the private or public sector
· Experience obtaining, managing, and analyzing carbon data
· Experience leading programs involving multiple teams and stakeholders
· Experience working across both technical and business functions
Are you an experienced carbon management professional who is passionate about sustainability? Are you interested in a high impact role at the world’s preeminent cloud computing company?
The AWS Global Sustainability team is looking for a results-oriented Technical Program Manager for Carbon. This role will support our Climate Pledge goal of net zero carbon by 2040 by conducting thorough assessments of the environmental impacts of AWS products from manufacturing, transportation, use, and end-of-life. This work will drive a deeper understanding of AWS’s environmental impacts, and enable strategic management of our carbon emissions.
The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of carbon accounting and management practices, familiarity with life cycle assessments (LCAs) of products and services, understanding of the GHG Protocol and detailed knowledge of manufacturing, design, development, and/or sourcing.
The candidate should be comfortable working with imperfect data, identifying sources of uncertainty, and finding public data to fill the gaps where needed. The successful candidate must have strong analytical skills and the ability to apply systems thinking to complex, fast moving problems. The candidate should have familiarity with LCA methods and applications. The successful candidate will act as a subject matter expert, including designing research, gathering data, interpreting results, and developing metrics and reports. The candidate will coordinate with cross-functional project teams in gathering and analyzing large amounts of data.
In this role you will:
· Continuously enhance AWS’s carbon measurement and management program;
· Manage or Conduct LCAs for AWS products and equipment including modeling, data collection, data analysis, data visualization, and reporting;
· Develop reports, dashboards and metrics which distill complex data into actionable insights to inform product decisions, forecasting initiatives, and which drive business strategy;
· Serve as an AWS subject matter expert in carbon programs and mitigation initiatives across the value chain;
· Build and develop relationships with internal and external stakeholders to drive programs to completion
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.