Systems Analyst – Marketing Technical Lead
We invite you to be part of our team of trailblazers dedicated to helping people discover and enjoy the outside. Come join us. Because on the inside we’re all outsiders. And if it’s outside, we’re all in.
L.L.Bean is currently searching for a Systems Analyst – Marketing Technical Lead to join our Information Services (IS) team. This important role is responsible for critical promotional and marketing strategies in collaboration with our internal business partners. You will design and implement complex computer application solutions to meet business informational needs and requirements, and provide technical leadership in broad, complex, high visibility and/or high impact projects. You will also evaluate and analyze requirements to develop technical solutions to business problems within industry standard business process and best practices.
Please note: This role can be based near our corporate headquarters in Freeport, Maine, based in our Costa Rica office, or remote/virtual indefinitely. Our facilities in Freeport, Maine are being renovated currently, so the staff will remain working virtually until Spring of 2022.
- Demonstrates technical leadership within team and provides technical leadership on complex projects and baseline support.
- Works with business area customers and vendors to identify business requirements, scope, feasibility, performance, security, test strategies, and test execution.
- Develops complex integration requirements and partners with the integration developer to implement.
- Responsible for design and specifications (High Level and Micro), configuration/development, integration, testing, debugging, implementation, and documentation for complex solutions.
- Emphasis on design. Applies technical expertise in one or more highly specialized areas of application systems or a suite of Commercial off the Shelf (COTS) software packages.
- Works independently and collaboratively with team; provides regular updates to leader.
- Applies formal methodologies when designing and implementing solutions, including the usage of software design patterns.
- Manage any technical issues that arise during development/configuration, testing and implementation.
- Coordinate environment set-up (including code releases, data loads, asset load, etc.)
- Participates in project planning and development and assumes responsibility for project scope including guidance of others. Provides options for and estimates of possible solutions
- Estimates and tracks time required to complete work, for project budgeting and financial tracking
- Participates in or may lead the selection, implementation, and integration of packaged software
- Participates in the identification & development of new shop standards consistent with L. L. Bean's Enterprise Referential Architecture.
- Conducts and participates in reviews of solution designs, configurations, and code.
- Partners with technical and business team members to maintain system documentation, knowledge base and frequently asked questions.
- Acts as technical liaison to software vendors.
- Partners with the business on effective end user adoption and use of system / function.
- Reviews training strategy, materials and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Responsible for 24x7 research and resolution of production system problems.
- On call – provides daytime and after hours on call support.
- Ensures the team adheres to security standards in support of PCI compliance.
- Ensures the team adheres to development standards and best coding practices.
- May manage assigned personnel
- Establish performance objectives, assign/direct work, monitor progress and appraise performance.
- Develop employees in job-related skills through work assignments, direct training, and development plans, and provide regular feedback, both positive and developmental.
- Recommend and administer wages and salaries of direct reports.
- Communicate company policies and procedures and resolve routine personnel problems in accordance with them.
- 4-Year Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in computer science/technology
- 7 + years of experience with distributed web service development (RESTFul and/or SOAP)
- experience with design/build/support of high traffic, low latency, and low fault tolerance web services
- design/execute/analysis of performance test to inform implementation and enhancement opportunities
Technical Skills and Qualifications:
- Application Security Principles - OWASP/Data Protection & Input/Oauth/JWT
- Micro Service Design and RESTFul Interface Principles
- Application Containerization & Execution - Docker, Kubernetes
- Continuous Delivery & Integration - CI/CD Jenkins/Maven/Automation
- Experienced with Unit Testing frameworks such as Tape/Junit, ProxyQuire/Mockito
- Performance Testing & Analysis - Locust.io/JMeter, Cloud/Open Trace
- API Specification - OpenAPI/Swagger
- Google Cloud Services & Configuration
- Relational Databases - DB2/SQLServer/Oracle/MySQL
- WebSphere Application Server - Java/Swing/Hibernate/MQ/JDBC/SOAP
- Modern IDE & Debugging Tools - MS Visual Studio Code, Eclipse(variants)
- Familiar with UNIX based OS
- Familiar with API Gateway Management - APIGEE, CloudEndpoints, ISTIO
Leadership and Communication
- Commands respect and credibility within their team, IS and the business
- Is influential at multiple levels within LL Bean and with vendors.
- Can effectively communicate with all levels of the business and IT from end-users and developers to managers.
- Highly collaborative. Effectively works with business and IS people in the adoption, utilization and support of software.
- Expert level English language skills and comprehension
- Cool under pressure, able to see through the fog of chaos
- Sees the big picture, effectively anticipates future possibilities.
- Understands the Company’s and Business Unit’s competitive strategies, marketplace, and opportunities.
- Continually looks within and beyond their job, anticipating business needs and opportunities.
- Works within tight technical and business constraints.
- Excellent skills at evaluating new solutions within the context of an existing solution. Recognizes and promotes the need for refactoring when appropriate.
If you care about the outdoors, joining L.L.Bean is a great way to feel good about what you do. Our benefits package makes a good thing even better, with programs and perks designed to support your health and financial goals. Plus, maintaining a healthy work-life balance and re-charging outside are all part of the plan. Because, when it comes to the outside—we’re all in. Visit llbeancareers.com to learn more.
Being outside brings out the best in us, no matter where we come from or what we believe. At L.L.Bean, we value individual differences and encourage our co-workers to be themselves – because the uniqueness of each individual makes L.L.Bean better.