There are over 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more... many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we're all about at John Deere. And it's why we're investing in our people and our technology like never before!Here the world's brightest minds are tackling the world's biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we'll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
Primary Location: United States (US)
Function: Information Technology
Title: Systems Auditor- 69556
This position may be located anywhere in the U.S. per the hiring manager's discretion. This may be dependent on the successful candidate's background, experience, and proficiency.
As a Systems Auditor for John Deere, you will participate in and facilitate audit engagements throughout the global Enterprise. In addition, you will:
- Work within an agile methodology for completing audit deliverables and tasks as part of a high performing team
- Execute IT audit engagements while setting priorities among tasks according to urgency and risk, and provide inputs to the engagement objectives
- Conduct internal IT Audits and advisory reviews of delivery teams and products/applications/processes to ensure controls are designed appropriately and operating effectively
Visa sponsorship is NOT available for this position.
- Gather and analyze evidence to support conclusions regarding internal controls over financial reporting and general IT controls over related information systems and infrastructure, and look beyond symptoms for the root cause
- Conduct interviews with control owners and prepare appropriate work paper documentation, conclusions, and recommendations
- Work with external auditors for Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) related engagements
- Contribute to continuous improvement and innovation within Internal Audit by identifying gaps and providing recommendations related to the audit process
What Skills You Need
- Experience in recent information technology or IT Audit role
- Demonstrated experience working as a team member on an agile delivery team
- Knowledge and practice of agile methodology and ceremonies
- Ability to work independently and accomplish objectives in a timely manner within a fast-paced environment
- Ability and experience analyzing data using Excel or data analytical tools
- Demonstrated experience and compatibility with a team-centric environment
- Ability to adapt easily to shifting priorities or challenges
- Proficient written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability and willingness (without restriction) to travel domestically and internationally (A valid passport or the ability to obtain a valid passport)
- Due to COVID-19, travel is currently suspended and requirements for travel will likely decrease
What Makes You Stand Out
- Strong information technology background with 2+ years of auditing or internal control analyst experience (internal or external)
- Familiarity and application of internal control frameworks such as COBIT, NIST, COSO, etc.
- Practiced with testing for Sarbanes Oxley requirements which may include assessments of Service Organization Controls (SOC) reports, and general IT controls and security processes over financial reporting systems
- One or more years of experience as a software engineer or developer
- Experience with developer enabling toolsets such as GitHub and Jenkins
- Working knowledge of one or more of the following areas: SAP or financial reporting system administration, AWS Cloud, application development, cybersecurity, operating systems, database administration principles, distributed or legacy systems, server and network architecture
- Demonstrated presentation skills
- Desire to work with diverse and multi-cultural stakeholders
- Certification as a scrum master - or other related agile certification
- Active professionally recognized certification such as Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) certification
Ideally, you will have a degree or equivalent work experience in the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Math or equivalent IT degree
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click hereto find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Job Segment: ERP, Java, SAP, Database, Developer, Technology