Responsible for coordinating the construction, maintenance, and expansion of an organization's computer systems.
• Oversee development and maintenance of computer systems.
• Identify departmental needs and make suggestions regarding technical direction.
• Set up organization's intranets.
• Design and implement system security and data assurance.
• Configure and install computer systems for other organizations.
• Design and develop software.
• Test software applications and systems.
• Develop different types of software, including computer games, business applications, operating systems, network control systems, and middleware.
• Apply knowledge of computing systems and software structure.
• Analyze users' needs.
• Create flowcharts, diagrams, and other documentation.
• Create manuals and detailed sets of instructions including algorithms that tell computers what to do.
• Convert instructions into computer languages.
• Determines operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
• Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
• Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
• Improves operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures.
• Obtains and licenses software by obtaining required information from vendors; recommending purchases; testing and approving products.
• Updates job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
• Protects operations by keeping information confidential.
• Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues.
• Accomplishes engineering and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
• Develops software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle.
Software Skills and Qualifications:
Analyzing Information , General Programming Skills, Software Design, Software Debugging, Software Documentation, Software Testing, Problem Solving, Teamwork, Software Development Fundamentals, Software Development Process, Software Requirements
• Manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure
• Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools
• Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
• Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes
• Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
• Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
• Participate in the design of information and operational support systems
• Provide 2nd and 3rd level support
• Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
• BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
• Solid Cloud experience
• Experience with monitoring systems
• Experience with automation software (e.g., Puppet, cfengine, Chef)
• Solid scripting skills (e.g., shell scripts, Perl, Ruby, Python)
• Solid networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP)