Technical Editor/Publications Officer
Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
Leidos is seeking a Technical Editor/Publications Officer to work with the best and brightest people around the country in creating innovative solutions for our customers. In this role, you will support the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) in Washington, DC. The selected candidate will be responsible for professionally editing documents and working in a team environment to ensure policy objectives are clearly communicated to FAA personnel across the country.
The Publications Officer may be perform the following tasks:
- Review and edit documents to align with Style Guide standards
- Review and edit graphics, including interactive media, assist in the development of visual aids, and ensure proper formatting
- Verify proper sourcing of products and graphics
- Finalize publications
- Provide archiving support
- Track production, document and ensure workflows through the production process
- Work within production schedules and coordinate with all parties involved
- Produce, deliver, and archive finished publications
- Relevant exposure to federal government policies and the interagency coordination process
- Previous experience editing and finishing pre-publication work products in support of a federal government customer
- Professional writing, editing, and sourcing skills
- Proven track record of collaborating with technical writers and managers across multiple areas
- Strong grammar and editorial review skills
- Deep knowledge of publishing principles and basics of publication design
- Deep knowledge of production methodologies for publishing products in hardcopy or electronic formats
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and to adjust as priorities change
- Experience working with publication tools
BA degree and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 - 10 years of relevant experience
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.