Technical Project Manager
Albertsons Companies is one of the largest food and drug retailers with 2,300+ stores. The Albertsons Companies family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit, and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S.
The IT Digital Buy Department has an opening for a Technical Project Manager. This position is located in Pleasanton, California.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Responsible for planning and execution of strategic IT Digital projects
• Assume accountability for the development and delivery of Technical Project Management needed to support IT solutions and projects.
• Work closely with a Tech Lead and Project leads who is responsible for overall solution, high level project sizing and oversight for technical execution
• Foster a strong work environment that rewards individual and team efforts; encourages creativity while maintaining high caliber productivity and quality.
• Prior experience running large programs with multi track execution is a must.
• Experience interacting with C level executives and providing program updates.
• Dotted line management of other PM's delivering individual tracks of work within overall program scope.
• Ability to do project planning, budget estimation and management, resource planning and assessment, financial planning, and risk assessment.
• Adoption of existing Project Management best practices, including the proficient use of industry standard tools, technologies, and methodologies.
• Well-organized, detail oriented, has great communication skills and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
• Performs the role as the owner of the financial position of all managed projects.
• Ensuring that applicable regulatory directives are complied with e.g., Sarbanes-Oxley, current privacy legislation.
• Flexibility and ability to work collaboratively within a matrix, 'virtual' environment. • Demonstrated ability to work with external vendors.
• 4-year degree (Computer Science, Information Systems, or relational functional field) and/or equivalent combination of education or work experience.
• 8+ years of Project Manager Experience
• Experience with Agile development preferred.
• PMP certification preferred.
• Experience on working on large scale Digital Transformation initiatives
• Former specialty consulting firm or Big 4 experience desirable
• The Project Manager will be interfacing with Executive Level Management and doing process design work.
• Candidates that are strategic thinkers will do well in the role, but open to 'be in the weeds' as needed.
• Retail experience a plus but not required for this opportunity.
Albertsons Companies is at the forefront of the revolution in retail. With a fixation on innovation and building culture, our team is rallying our company around a unique vision: forging a retail winner that is admired for national strength, deep roots in the communities we serve, and a team that has passion for food and delivering great service.
Albertsons Culture Principles
• Compassion: We always treat each other with kindness and respect
• Team: We always support and recognize each other
• Inclusive: We always value everyone's perspective
• Learning: We always strive to grow and develop ourselves and others
• Competitive: We always act with integrity to win over the customer
• Ownership: We always take actions to drive our success
• Work may be performed in a temperature-controlled environment.
• Must sit, stand, or walk for extended periods of time.
• May spend long periods of time at desk or computer terminal.
• Will use keyboards, telephone, and other office equipment during the course of normal workday.
• Stooping, bending, twisting, and reaching may be required in completion of job duties.
• Workday is fast paced; some evening and weekend work may be required.
How to Apply: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting https://www.albertsonscompanies.com/careers/en/home.html
Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons Companies. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. A diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons Companies policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace -- some positions require applicants offered a position to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled