Technical Writers communicate complex information clearly, concisely and accurately with a unique blend of an easy to understand writing style. As a Technical Writer, your role involves tasks such as writing conceptual overviews and procedures, users guides, integrations guide, methodologies, technical articles etc. Technical Writers play a big part at iSpot.tv. They are a key link between iSpot.tv Engineers, Product Managers, Customer Success, Sales, as well as prospective clients and end users, tying together all aspects of the iSpot.tv ecosystem. As a Technical Writer you will support the documentation of the most popular TV Ad attribution platforms in the world, including the analytics application, APIs, tech blog, and other web and mobile properties.
What you will be up to
- Work with product managers, product marketing, and engineers to produce and maintain world-class documentation, including: User Guides, Integration Guides, Methodologies, API Developer Guides, In platform documentation (tooltips, welcome instructions, emails etc.).
- Gather and analyze technical and product information from various sources to document new or changing product functionality.
- Write, format, edit, review, and proofread articles for public facing technical blogs intended for technical and nontechnical users.
- Assist in planning, scheduling, and tracking documentation work to meet product release dates and client deliverables.
- Maintain a library of application documentation, cataloging it for internal and/or external use
- Publish and maintain templates for written documentation produced by others (technical specifications, RFP responses, etc.), ensuring a consistent "look and feel.".
- Edit, clarify and proofread documents written by others, and coach non-writers on ways to improve their emails, documents, one-pagers and overall writing skills.
- Develop content in alternative media forms for maximum usability, with a consistent and cohesive voice across all documentation.
Our “must have” experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in English, Communication, or Journalism.
- 3+ years of technical writing experience (SaaS experience is preferred).
- Strong writing, production, and technical editing skills with content in multiple mediums.
- Experience working cross-departmentally to communicate the nuances of a product.
- Strong experience owning an end-to-end documentation creation process.
- Very strong analytical skills and ability to operate in a fast-paced environment with evolving project requirements and priorities.
- Creativity and adaptability with the ability to solicit feedback from team members to improve the quality of blogs/technical writing.
- Track record of developing and implementing a content strategy that has increased readership.
What your peers would say about you
- You have passion.
- For big data and analytics.
- For taking on challenging concepts.
- You’re agile.
- You understand the power of iteration. MVP is not a sports term.
- You have the ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced environment.
- You’re focused on objectives and key results.
- You can navigate competing priorities. You understand the difference between urgent and important.
- You can balance both strategic and tactical responsibilities.
- You’re a professional.
- You have excellent communication skills.
- You can collaborate with stakeholders across the organization to drive consensus. You know the concept of ‘disagree and commit’.
- You’re comfortable presenting to senior leadership and teams. Your presence establishes credibility.
- You like to have fun.
- You like to be social and make friends in the office.
- You’re cool with doing off-site events with the teams.
- You love coffee and all its trappings.
iSpot.TV is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.