TECHNICAL WRITER (NIWC-21-0252-W)
Bowhead seeks a Technical Writer to support the upcoming NAVWAR – NIWC Cloud Transition and Modernization Technical Support contract located in North Charleston, SC. The Naval Information Warfare Center Atlantic (NIWC Atlantic) provides design, acquisition, and sustainment services for Marine Corps Systems Command (MCSC), United States Marine Corps (USMC), US Navy, and United States Special Operations Command (USSOCOM) Information Technology (IT) systems.
The recent focus has been on: the assessment of the current system architectures; identifying the steps necessary to secure these systems; developing and deploying solutions into a commercial cloud production environment; as a technical cloud broker offer cloud services to these IT systems; provide enterprise IT services, data hosting, lifecycle planning and sustainment support; enterprise networking services (Local Area Network (LAN), Wide Area Network (WAN), and Base Area Network (BAN) connectivity; expeditionary communications services; garrison communications infrastructure; and logistics lifecycle planning and sustainment for expeditionary forces worldwide.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
• Editing technical publications such as scientific and engineering research reports, author manuscripts for which technical reviews have been completed.
• Apply basic understanding of subject matter and nature of investigations to analyze manuscripts to determine what action to improve the basic text must be taken.
• Identify problems such as insufficient documentation has been furnished to support statements, and where more general terminology improves readability.
• Correct errors of grammar and spelling.
• Prepare corrections ranging from substitutions in terminology to complete rewrite of passages in text.
• BS/A degree in English, Journalism, or Technical Writing.
• Fifteen (15+) years of experience in the C4ISR projects in support of Department of Defense (DoD) efforts, to include: writing/editing technical documentation, procedures and guidelines for C4ISR systems or equipment.
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and outside contacts.
• Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment with the ability to work alone or as part of a team.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must currently hold a security clearance at the Secret level. US Citizenship is a requirement for Secret clearance at this location.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources for assistance (https://uicalaska.com/careers/recruitment/).
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively, the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Springfield, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies for government contracting.
Link to apply: