Kansas City, KS
The Maintenance Technical Writer will be responsible for creating Preventive Maintenance Basic and Technical intervention documents based on the equipment wear parts and replacement recommended frequency. This documentation will include the necessary tools, spare parts and consumable supplies required to complete the equipment maintenance interventions. The Maintenance Technical Writer will utilize TPM methodologies, techniques, and tools to develop the required documentation for Maintenance Technicians and Operators, with the objective of reducing un-planned downtime by standardizing the planned downtime activities required by the equipment.Responsibilities:
- Gather and organize technical information from drawings and manuals to develop maintenance standard work documentation including equipment bill of materials for spare parts and consumables required.
- Coordinate efforts with Maintenance Technicians, supervisors, and operators to gather data for documentation and in identifying activities improvement opportunities.
- Proactively informs manager on assignments status, issues or concerns, including issues of scope, and schedule.
- Conduct time studies and validate equipment intervention standard work activities can be performed as described in documentation.
- Update preventive maintenance documentation in the Computerized Maintenance Management Software (CMMS).
- Foster and support the operations and maintenance teams by improving planned maintenance documentation.
- Participate in training and development programs including all areas of environmental, health and safety issues, LOTO, especially those dealing with proper handling of hazardous materials and hazardous waste
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions, work procedures, standard operating practices, and directions with or without immediate supervision
- Have independent problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the leadership team as necessary to achieve plant goals
Education, Experience, Certifications:
- 4 year degree preferred
- Demonstrated talent for translating technical verbal descriptions into coherent written work instructions
- Experience in industrial manufacturing environment
- Experience in leading site level improvement events and projects
- Demonstrated ability to create, facilitate, and lead cross-functional teams
COMPETENCIES, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE:
- Experience with manufacturing plants and processes
- Highly skilled in Technical documentation and Drawings interpretation
- Experience writing standard work
- Strong verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and able to demonstrate leadership, team, and individual contributor accomplishments
- Passion for driving change in a complex environment
- High energy level and ability to interface at all levels across the business
- Proficient using MS Excel
- This position requires about 20% travel
Motrex is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.About Statement:
Motrex (motrexllc.com) provides services to industrial manufacturing and recycling businesses. We specialize in Finance and Accounting, Purchasing, EHS Compliance, Quality and Human Resource Management, as well as Information Technology. Our multi-functional approach enables us to exploit synergy potential and thus improve the competitiveness of our clientsâ€™ businesses.