Fincantieri Marine Group
30+ days ago
This position is responsible for review of contract specifications and development of technical documentation and procedures to execute government shipbuilding program. The functions of this position include developing work requirements, interpretation of military standards and specifications and creation of processes and instructions for shipbuilder to plan and execute work. The Technical Writer will be working with multiple departments inside the organization and must have exceptional written as well as verbal communication skills and ability to speak with all levels of the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Plan, write, and edit technical documentation for a variety of shipbuilding processes
* Interpret and use all technical and material information available in Navy, Shipbuilder and Manufacturer drawings, technical manuals, documents, or Equipment Manufacturer's data and/or other pertinent commercial data to identify inspections and processes necessary to meet build requirements
* Develop work items/specifications in accordance with company and NAVSEA requirements using company and NAVSEA instructions and pertinent NAVSEA Standard Items, Class Standard Items, and Local Standard Items.
* Review, recommend and plan implementation of new processes and procedures bases upon contractual specifications, technical manuals and drawings.
* Release finished documentation to Document Control, and maintain organized records of all materials, drafts, and previous versions.
* Be adaptable and forward thinking in the face of technological or organizational change.
* Must abide by and enforce all organizational policies and procedures.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Able to read and comprehend blueprints.
* Basic knowledge of craft processes in ship construction.
* Possess good verbal and written communication skills.
* Must have strong Microsoft Office Suites computer skills.
* Must have strong organizational and time management skills.
* Ability to work well independently and have sound judgement
* Ability to handle competing priorities and manage deadlines
* Ownership and Accountability
* Team Work and Collaboration
* Business Discipline
* Sense of Urgency
Fincantieri Marinette Marine (FMM) believes it is our responsibility to ensure that each of us works safely and productively, goes home healthy, and considers the environment in their actions, each and every day. Management is committed to providing a safe and healthy work setting, and protecting the environment as a key tenet of our culture and a primary mission. All employees are required to adhere to ISO and OHSAS policies established by FMM and shall have high values for safety awareness and be mindful of environmental impacts associated with each job task.
Fincantieri Marinette Marine offers competitive pay with benefits in a growth-oriented environment. Qualified and interested applicants are encouraged to apply. Apply online at https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?c=2155013&d=FMG-External
Fincantieri Marinette Marine is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer and promotes a Drug Free Work Environment. Minorities, Women, Veterans and Disabled are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college and 3 years of experience.
* This requirement can also be met with an Associate's degree and at least 4 years of experience or High School Diploma and at least 5 years of experience.
* Experience requirements can be met with experience as a Planner, Estimator or Shipbuilding Specialist within Shipbuilding, Conversion and Repair (SUPSHIP) commands, Regional Maintenance Centers (RMCs), Navy Central Planning Activities, Planning for Engineering and Repair Activities at public or private shipyards or other ship repair companies.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
About the Company
Fincantieri Marine Group
Fincantieri is one of the world’s largest shipbuilding groups and number one for diversification and innovation. It is leader in cruise ship design and construction and a reference player in all high-tech shipbuilding industry sectors, from naval to offshore vessels, from high-complexity special vessels and ferries to mega yachts, as well as in ship repairs and conversions, production of systems and mechanical and electrical component equipment and after-sales services. With over 230 years of history and more than 7,000 vessels built, Fincantieri has always kept its management offices, as well as all the engineering and production skills, in Italy. With over 8,600 employees and a supplier network that employs nearly 50,000 people, Fincantieri has enhanced a fragmented production capacity over several shipyards into a strength, acquiring the widest portfolio of clients and products in the cruise segment. To hold its own in relation to competition and assert itself at global level, Fincantieri has broadened its product portfolio becoming world leader in the sectors in which it operates.
10,000 employees or more
Marine Mfg & Services