Technical Writer – Remote
Kelly IT is hiring a Remote Technical Writer for about a 6-month project. For consideration, please email your updated resume to the recruiter at Lori-Ann.McCoy@kellyservices.com and reference Job ID 3517195.
Location: *100% Remote*
Type: Contract W2. NO C2C, at this time we are not in the position to offer any type of sponsorships or VISA transfers for this position.
Rate: $Flexible/hr on W2
Tentative Start: 06/28/2021
Tentative End: 12/25/2021
Shift Hours: 8am-5pm
Shift Days: Monday-Friday
IoT Experiences is a team of developer experience (DX) architects, designers, researchers, and technical writers in our clients Internet of Things Group. We’re dedicated to delivering a fantastic developer experience with the Clients products.
We are looking for a contract technical writer to create, deliver, and maintain content that meets business objectives, user needs, and user learning goals. Our ideal candidate uses current software development tools, processes, and practices at all levels of a solution stack to turn ambiguous technical language and complex processes into content that is easy for users to understand.
*Job responsibilities will include but will not be limited to:*
* Create clear, concise, user-friendly deliverables, such as getting started guides, installation guides, tutorials, and release notes. Provide graphics, video, and other creative services appropriate for the audience.
* Work with content designers and information architects to:
* Develop material that supports a user’s content needs and learning goals.
* Implement an information architecture that makes content easy to find, easy to use, and easy to understand.
* 5+ years of technical writing or instructional design experience
* Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline (Information Management, Technical Writing, Communication, other)
* Excellent written/verbal communication and presentation skills
* Strong analytical and logical problem-solving skills, paired with creativity
* Strong understanding of user experience and interaction patterns
* High tolerance for a dynamic work environment with rapidly changing priorities
* Knowledge of software languages (e.g., C++, Java, Python, Go, etc.), software development models, and development tools is desirable.
By partnering with Kelly® Technology, you’ll have direct connections to top companies around the globe—giving you the chance to put your tech skills to work on some of today’s most intriguing, innovative, and high-visibility projects. In a world where change is the only constant, our unparalleled connections and IT market expertise help you take your skills exactly where you want to go. We’re here to help you gain experience, keep learning, and move your career forward.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of [benefits](https://www.mykelly.us/us-mykelly/perks/)?). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.