WTS International, the world's leading spa, fitness and leisure firm, is seeking a Tennis Instructor. The Tennis Professional is responsible for teaching the game of tennis to members of the facility. They provide lessons and offer advice and tips to players at all levels, from beginners to those at advanced stages. Along with teaching the game, tennis pros might also operate a pro shop.
- Assists in the development of a comprehensive standard facility operations manual, including written policies and procedures for all facility services, administration, and maintenance using the WTS International operations template.
- Reports any incidents or accidents to the Tennis Director and or Facility Manager.
- Assists in developing monthly client reports.
- Submits all paperwork and financial reporting, if applicable, in accordance with WTS International policy.
- Assists in facility maintenance, routine preventative maintenance, and repair.
- Helps maintain a monthly inventory of supplies, equipment, and or products.
- Writes articles or press releases for the facility, when applicable.
- Understands the use and benefits of services, products, programs, and activities by participating in regularly scheduled staff meetings and training workshops.
- Provides excellent customer service and helps monitor guest feedback through the use of comment cards and other customer care techniques. Follows up on guest requests and comments.
- Helps ensure facility is accessed only by actual members and/or guests, and that it is safe and secure at all times. Helps uphold guest rule policy and collects all guest fees.
- Have a deep knowledge of the intricacies of the game.
- Maintains the cleanliness of the courts and surrounding areas by patrolling the courts several times daily.
- Follows the court reservation system to ensure a smooth and even flow of traffic on and off courts.
- Offers all instructional services including private and semi private lessons, small groups, clinics, team coaching, and tactics and strategy.
- Assists in the coordination of all social and competitive events including special tournaments.
- Implements programs for adults and juniors.
- Participates in overseeing all pro shop and retail functions, when applicable.
- Submits all lesson and /or sales forms to the Tennis Director or Facility Director.
- Attends staff and facility meetings.
- Promotes the facility and its amenities to potential members when applicable.
- Maintains an attractive, up-to-date bulletin board.
- Other duties as assigned
- College degree or comparable work experience
- Previous Tennis Pro experience preferred
- Must be an experienced, strong, successful player
- Teaching certifications from USTA or USPTA
- Strong team player
- Excellent customer service skills and strong work ethic
- Efficient, well organized, and able to handle a variety of duties simultaneously
- Energetic, enthusiastic and motivational
- Professional manner, discretion, and appearance
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Proficient in appropriate computer skills and office equipment
- Ability to stand for long periods
- Awareness of proper body mechanics to prevent injury
- This position required the ability to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, walk, and talk
- The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms
- Ability to lift 25 lbs.
- Normal work hours: Varied to include nights, weekends, and holidays
WTS International, LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer that is committed to having a diverse work force.