Territory Sales Manager - Portland, OR
Springs Window Fashions
Territory Sales Manager – Portland, OR Area
The Best Experience Company
Our tagline is “The Best Experience Company.” More than just a set of words, it represents the essence of who we are at Springs Window Fashions. As North America’s premier window covering company, we’re committed to creating the Best Experience for our associates, consumers and end users, business partners, and communities. We want you to join our team of passionate self-starters who believe the world is full of Best Experience opportunities. So, if you’re excited about the thought of a Best Experience career with a team focused on creating Best Experiences for all, we want to hear from you!
Your Best Career Experience
As a Territory Sales Manager you will play a foundational part of the company’s success. You’ll be responsible for generating revenue by driving and managing profitable sales of our leading brands and Best Experience services. Your passion for sales will drive your success as a Territory Sales Manager with the Spring’s Dealer Sales team. Innovative new product offerings, sales growth, and expansion into new markets has created tremendous opportunity for professional growth and career advancement at Springs. A role as a Territory Sales Manager is a great entry point for a starting career at Springs Window Fashions!
Your Best Career Experience Responsibilities
You’ll be responsible for meeting or exceeding budgeted sales of Springs Window Fashions products to home fashions dealers / interior decorators / designers and builders within assigned territory. In this role you’ll also solicit and maintain favorable contacts with current and potential dealers / decorators / designers and builders within a sales territory. Here’s a bit more about what you can expect your time to look like:
- 70%- Calling on window covering / home fashion dealers, interior decorators / designers and builders within an assigned territory and increase sales of SWF products.
- 10%- Conducting sales training and seminars to create favorable acceptance of SWF products.
- 5%- Consistently handling customer complaints with diplomacy, tact and understanding to maintain customer loyalty and friendship.
- 5%- Developing and maintaining competitive analysis to include product details, product pricing, marketing strategies and strengths/weaknesses. Keeping informed of competitive activities and communicate competitive environment within territory to Business Unit Manager.
- 5%- Keeping accurate up-to-date records; reporting expenses as required. Upholding company guidelines regarding travel and entertainment to assure profitable operation. Understanding and adhere to company sales & personnel policies and procedures.
- 5%- Attending training sessions and sales meetings to expend product knowledge and understanding of company operations. Recommending product improvement to Marketing.
What Spring’s Best Experience Means for You
Setting the bar so high means our work is never done. Springs Window Fashions offers incredible opportunities to develop sales skills in a fast-paced consumer products company. We offer a newly designed training program to ensure our recent hired associates are starting their sales career with the right resources and tools to be successful.
- Valuable hands-on experience with our dealers: focused on selling and customer service
- Paid on-the-job training; in-depth product knowledge sessions via online courses, live online classes, and live sessions in store
- Competitive base salary plus bonus and top-notch benefits
- Compensation for commuting expenses
- Exposure to other roles and functions within SWF
- Career advancement opportunities
- Company vehicle provided
What We’re Looking For
- Associate degree required; Bachelor's degree preferred
- 1-3+ years of sales experience preferred
- Must have excellent sales personality - even tempered, aggressive, sincere, outgoing and friendly
- Must possess basic understanding of human behavior and communicate verbally with confidence and expertise
- Must be able to travel regularly by car and occasionally by commercial airline
- Depending on the territory, some positions may require 2 -5 nights of overnight travel each month
- Should have good, basic analytical and mathematical ability and good organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Creative selling is essential; must have imagination and innovative ideas in order to recognize and respond to customer’s needs
- Communications must be carefully planned and timed. Must sell self as well as product, which necessitates promptness and a projection of cheerfulness, consideration and sincerity
- Represent Springs in a manner that adds value to the product offering
How We Work to Deliver a Best Experience: Our Behavioral Competencies
- Ensures Accountability – Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments
- Drive Engagement – Creating a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives
- Instill Trust – Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity
- Drive Results – Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances
- Consumer/Customer Focus – Building strong customer relationships and delivering on customer-centric solutions
- Critical Thinking – Making Sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems
- Being Resilient – Rebounding from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations
- Optimize Work Processes – Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement