24 days ago
Ability to operate on any one of the six Thermoformers generally unassisted. Able to communicate quality issues, complete required documentation, i.e. first piece inspection, production log. Report machine malfunctions and ensure good quality product. Performs work under shift supervisor with final approval by the production manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Other duties may be assigned.
1. Ability to learn and operator all six (6) Thermoformers within defined specification without assistance
2. Recognize heating/cooling problems on all machines and report any issues immediately
3. Start up and shut down all Thermoformers unassisted
4. Recognize and perform adjustments as needed without assistance
5. Check oilers on trim press and Thermoformers at shift start and fill as needed
6. Perform roll change with minimal scrap
7. Operate micro phaser and ballerina control panels to obtain readings and make adjustments as needed
8. Read instrumentation gauges to record “heat reading” on each machine
9. Perform quality checks (burning, cold cracking and registration) per roll
10. Learn proper packaging (boxes, poly bags) for each product type
10a Stock packaging material (boxes, poly bags, foam rolls) at beginning of production run
11. Produce product with correct width, gauge and weight
12. Able to use a fire extinguisher
13. Understand and accurately complete required paperwork: first piece inspection, production log
14. Get assistance to resolve any issues to get machine back in operation
15. Well rounded knowledge of quality of all products
16. Housekeeping, must keep all areas free of debris
Daily interaction with all Thermoforming and Extrusion personnel
• Must be dependable and demonstrate the ability to follow directions
• Must be a team player
• To work well with other employees and give help when needed
• To maintain a good attendance record
• Be able to work overtime if required
• Good knowledge of all safety procedures
• Complete any job task given within reason assigned by supervisor or manager
• Wear all required PPE
• Computer Literate (input of data)
~~EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred, but not required. Minimum of one (1) year manufacturing experience; or any equivalent combination of acceptable training, education, and experience. Need to have good math, reading, and writing skills.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work requires moderate physical effort and use of motor skills requiring manual dexterity. While performing duties of this job, employee will regularly sit, stand, walk, kneel and crouch. Move by pushing or rolling 400 to 500 pound rolls of foam unassisted. Climbing stairway using both arms and exiting stairway backwards using both arms while holding hand rails.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Employee will work in a manufacturing and/or warehouse environment in all types of weather. While performing the duties of this job the employee regularly works with manufacturing equipment. An employee performing the duties of this job is required to use proper safety procedures to eliminate any potential hazards. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
AND MUCH MORE
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Pre-employment drug screen, physical & background check required.
Since 1969, Genpak has been the industry leader for manufacturing quality food packaging. The company started with one manufacturing facility located in Middletown, NY and has since expanded to 18 facilities throughout the United States and Canada with our corporate headquarters located in beautiful Charlotte, NC. Our range of food packaging products has multiplied geometrically over the years as we strive to introduce top quality, highly functional products that our customers have come to expect. From foam hinged containers to oven ready bakery trays and everything in between we have got the food packaging solutions to fit most every need. We currently service the retail, food processing, and food service industries with our portfolio of products. Please browse through our site and if you have any questions, just drop us a line and we will get right back to you.
2,500 to 4,999 employees
Manufacturing - Other
401K, Employee Events, Flexible Schedules, Flexible Spending Accounts, Life Insurance, Long Term Disability, Medical, Dental and Vision, Military Leave, Paid Holidays, Paid sick days, Parking , Performance bonus, Prescription Drug Coverage, Professional Development, Retirement / Pension Plans, Tuition Reimbursement, Vacation/paid time off