24 days ago
Cedar City, UT
~~Objective of Position:
Ability to operate on any one of the six Thermoformers generally unassisted. Able to communicate quality issues, complete required documentation, i.e. first piece inspection, production log. Report machine malfunctions and ensure good quality product. Performs work under shift supervisor with final approval by the production manager.
The Operator will be responsible for individual compliance with all safety rules, regulations and policy procedures. Employee responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Compliance with all facility safety rules and regulations.
• Reporting any unsafe practices and/or conditions to their supervisor.
• Maintaining floor safety discipline by interceding with fellow employees, who may engage in rule violations and/or unsafe, unhealthy activities.
• Communicating to management those employees who persist in violations of safety rules and/or procedures.
• Wearing required personal protective equipment properly and reporting any defective PPE.
• Reporting all near misses, accidents, injuries or illnesses, including Muscular Skeletal symptoms or disorders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Ability to learn and operator all six (6) Thermoformers within defined specification without assistance
2. Recognize heating/cooling problems on all machines and report any issues immediately
3. Start up and shut down all Thermoformers unassisted
4. Recognize and perform adjustments as needed without assistance
5. Check oilers on trim press and thermoformers and notify maintenance if needed
6. Perform roll change with minimal scrap
7. Operate micro phaser and ballerina control panels to obtain readings and make adjustments as needed
8. Read instrumentation gauges to record “heat reading” on each machine
9. Perform quality checks (burning, cold cracking and registration) per roll
10. Learn proper packaging (boxes, poly bags) for each product type
10a Stock packaging material (boxes, poly bags, foam rolls) at beginning of production run
11. Produce product with correct width, gauge and weight
12. Able to use a fire extinguisher
13. Understand and accurately complete required paperwork: first piece inspection, production log
14. Get assistance to resolve any issues to get machine back in operation
15. Well rounded knowledge of quality of all products
16. Housekeeping, must keep all areas free of debris
For knowledge statements, according to the Uniform Section Guidelines issued by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the following definitions of knowledge are:
Basic: General familiarity; awareness of universal principles and able to locate details/access resources. Individual has an understanding of a determinate number of functions or activities.
Solid: Working knowledge; able to apply general principles. Individual has an understanding of most functions, operations or activities, including a general knowledge of applicable theory.
Expert: Able to apply general principles and specific details. Individual has an understanding of virtually all functions, operations or activities, including full comprehension of applicable theory.
Language Skills: Solid
Mathematical Skills: Basic
Reasoning Ability: Solid
Certificates/Licenses/Registrations: Written Exam
General Work Environment:
• Operator will spend 100% working in wet or humid conditions.
• Operator will spend 100% working near moving mechanical parts.
• Operator will spend 0% working in high, precarious places.
• Operator will spend 100% working near airborne particles.
• Operator will spend 0% working near toxic or caustic chemicals.
• Operator will spend 0% working in outdoor weather conditions.
• Operator will spend 0% working in extreme cold.
• Operator will spend 0% working in extreme heat.
• Operator will spend 0% working with a risk of electrical shock.
• Operator will spend 0% working with explosives.
• Operator will spend 0% working near vibration.
• Operator will be working in a loud environment.
Controls are in place for any airborne particles, safety glasses.
Genpak offers a extensive benefits package that is second to none in the food packaging industry:
AND MUCH MORE
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Pre-employment drug screen, physical & background check required.
Since 1969, Genpak has been the industry leader for manufacturing quality food packaging. The company started with one manufacturing facility located in Middletown, NY and has since expanded to 18 facilities throughout the United States and Canada with our corporate headquarters located in beautiful Charlotte, NC. Our range of food packaging products has multiplied geometrically over the years as we strive to introduce top quality, highly functional products that our customers have come to expect. From foam hinged containers to oven ready bakery trays and everything in between we have got the food packaging solutions to fit most every need. We currently service the retail, food processing, and food service industries with our portfolio of products. Please browse through our site and if you have any questions, just drop us a line and we will get right back to you.
2,500 to 4,999 employees
Manufacturing - Other
401K, Employee Events, Flexible Schedules, Flexible Spending Accounts, Life Insurance, Long Term Disability, Medical, Dental and Vision, Military Leave, Paid Holidays, Paid sick days, Parking , Performance bonus, Prescription Drug Coverage, Professional Development, Retirement / Pension Plans, Tuition Reimbursement, Vacation/paid time off