Title: System Engineer
Duration: 6 + Months
The data integration specialist is an expert with deep understanding of integration technologies and architecture who works to model, execute and manage data integration practices that ingest, transform and provision data across various sources into an organized and unified view. They provide expert integration leadership in the design, development, and documentation of interfaces to support software integration architecture. They establish standards, develop integration patterns, develop strategies for reuse, define enterprise-wide components, and mentor development resources.
- Collaboration with data governance to plan, execute and manage enterprise integration patterns.
- Partners with data governance, data management, IT business partners, and business stakeholder teams to understand data needs and develop solutions.
- Develop standards, designs, data maps; developing and modifying functions, programs, routines and stored procedures to export, transform and load data.
- Collaborate with IT to design and model application data structures, storage and integration in accordance with enterprise-wide architecture standards across legacy, web, cloud and purchased package environments.
- Track industry trends and recommend enterprise data integrations to accommodate users’ needs and business processes.
- Developing and executing test plans and scenarios including data design, tool design, data extract/transform, networks and hardware
- Map business requirements to technology capabilities, identifying gaps and omissions and designing end-to-end solutions.
- Participate in architectural reviews and both formal and informal design and code inspections for integration solutions.
- Structure deliverables to maximize reuse where applicable.
- Recommend solutions after evaluating alternatives, providing cost benefits for each alternative. This could include evaluation of package software.
- Assist in estimating integration projects/initiatives. Provide input for schedule development.
- Responsible for verification that the software meets the original business objectives and is functional as designed.
- Prepare and present proposals to all levels of management.
- Apply Integration Patterns to implement business processes.
- Interact with developers, analysts, vendors and management.
- Implement medium- to large-scale EAI applications in production.
- Document guidelines, standards and best practices
- Present and articulate integration concepts effectively for both technical and business audiences.
- Provide guidance in the definition and management of complex, enterprise integration programs.
- Lead and teach others through doing, knowledge sharing, mentoring and training.
- Focuses on personal development, takes ownership in staying current in latest IT best-practices, embraces a learning mindset, and is open to feedback.
- Effectively collaborates and builds relationships to strengthen the IT and Business partnership, as needed.
- Uses critical thinking in daily work to solve problems, make decisions, and manage time.
- Works to solve ambiguous problems, business needs, or conflicts and proactively identifies and mitigates risks.
- Demonstrates commitment to TVA’s values of Safety, Integrity, Inclusion and Service by consistently exhibiting these behaviors and positively contributing to the TVA work environment.
Skills and Proficiencies (May be job or organization specific)
- Knowledge about various architectures, patterns and protocols such as SSID, SSIS, ODBC, JDBC, unified data management architecture (UDM), event-driven architecture, real-time data flows, non-relational repositories, data virtualization, cloud enablement, etc.
- Knowledge of and experience with multiple data integration platforms (open-source integration platforms, MuleSoft, TIBCO, Akana, Informatica PowerCenter, MS SQL Server, IBM Infosphere, and Data warehouse MPP applications such Netezza, Teradata, etc.)
- Ability to regularly learn and adopt new technology.
- Experience in data integration, data warehousing, big-data-related iniatives, development and implementation. Experience in architecture patterns and data integration design principles. Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
13454 Sunrise Valley Drive, Suite 120, Herndon, VA 20171
Direct No. 703 936 5373
About the Company
We are a $125 Million, NMSDC-certified Minority & Woman owned Workforce Solutions Company headquartered in the DC metro area with presence across US with global presence - Canada, Mexico, India, UK, Malaysia, Indonasia, Hongkong, Singapore, UAE. We are specialized in providing Workforce Solutions, SOW project delivery, Engineering Solutions, Creative Services. We currently support 100+ Fortune companies globally and across multiple industry segments. We are currently supporting several massive programs across industry segment nationally/globally (Intel, Ally, AMD, QUALCOMM, Morgan Stanley, Kraft/ Mondelez, MNP, Amdocs, Dell, SanDisk, Medtronic, Becton Dickinson, GE, Lockheed Martin, UTC, L-3 Communications, Caterpillar, BMW, Mercedes Benz, National Grid, Dominion, Energy Future Holdings, PSEG, 3M, Fidelity, Aetna, Humana, Johnson & Johnson, Pfizer, Merck etc).
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.