Supports product manufacturing by constructing and repairing dies; machining parts.
* Develops die function and structure by studying blueprints of die, product, and prototypes; applying knowledge of material under stress, machining and assembly methods, and mathematics.
* Machines parts by measuring, marking, and scribing stock; setting up and operating lathe, mill, radial drill, grinder, etc.
* Confirms parts by comparing measurements to specifications.
* Assembles die by shaping, smoothing, and fitting parts with grinders, files, stones, etc.
* Confirms assembly by verifying dimensions, clearances, and alignment of parts and components with micrometers, thickness gauges, gauge blocks, dial indicators, etc.
* Completes assembly by bolting and doweling parts and components together with hammers, wrenches, etc.; connecting wiring and hydraulic lines.
* Confirms performance of die by installing die; inspecting operation of die; making adjustments; comparing finished product to specifications.
* Resolves assembly problems by altering assembly to meet specifications; notifying supervisor to obtain additional resources.
* Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
* Maintains supplies inventory by checking supplies to determine amount available; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
* Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
* Documents actions by completing logs.
* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Controls and Instrumentation, Equipment Maintenance, Manufacturing Experience, Mechanical Inspection Tools, Tooling, Safety Management, Problem Solving, Documentation Skills, Power Tools, Judgment, Decision Making