Tool & Die Maker
A L HANSEN MFG CO
A.L. Hansen Mfg. Co., an ISO 9001 certified company, is a leading manufacturer in the commercial hardware industry located in Waukegan is currently seeking a full time Tool & Die Maker.
Primary purpose of job:
Maintain, repair and build new tooling for production purposes. Assist Punch Press production by troubleshooting on the shop floor.
Essential functions of job:
1. Follow all OSHA and Company safety regulations
2. Maintain a clean and safe work area
3. Repair existing tools and dies per work orders
4. Change over dies in the Tool Room and shop floor per work orders when needed
5. Trouble shoot die problems on the shop floor when the situation dictates
6. Work closely with the Tool Designer while building new tools, fixtures and die components per blueprints
7. Work closely with engineering department when producing sample parts per customer's request
8. Other duties as assigned
Required skills, licenses, knowledge, experience or abilities:
1. Minimum 3 years Tool Room experience, ability to program CNC
2. Die Making experience
3. Must be able to wear department required personal protective equipment
4. Ability to follow instructions and procedures
5. Ability to troubleshoot, multitask and work independently
6. Able to use CAD software
7. Skilled in use of calipers, micrometers, height gages, and pin gages.
8. Proficient in the use of mills, grinders, drill presses, band saws, lathes and heat treat ovens
9. Must have own tools
10. Haas knowledge a plus
11. College education / certificates in relevant areas preferred. College degree a plus
Come join a company with over 100 years in the business that offers competitive pay, and a full benefits package that includes: tuition reimbursement, paid vacation and personal time, 9 paid holidays, 401k, medical, dental, vision, and company paid life insurance.
Hours for this position are 6am-2:30pm.