1 day ago
Spirit AeroSystems designs and builds aerostructures for both commercial and defense customers. With headquarters in Wichita, Kansas, Spirit operates sites in the U.S., U.K., France and Malaysia. The company's core products include fuselages, pylons, nacelles and wing components for the world's premier aircraft. Spirit AeroSystems focuses on affordable, innovative composite and aluminum manufacturing solutions to support customers around the globe.
Responsible for a group of Tooling employees engaged in the design, planning, fabrication and/or rework and maintenance of tools. The Manager must be a representative for the Tooling Organization at all times and ensure all products and services meet Customer expectations. The Manager is a problem solver working cross-functionally that is responsible and accountable and must continuously monitor work in progress to ensure all commitments are met in terms of schedule and quality. The Manager must be a team player and fair, firm but courteous while ensuring maximum productivity. The Manager must set expectations and coach and develop employees to reach these goals. The Manager must ensure a safe and organized work environment and support all applicable labor laws and company policies/guidelines.
Major responsibilities include:
• Responsible for 30 to 50 hourly employees on 2nd shift.
• Ensure employees are working safely and following all applicable rules, policies and procedures.
• Ensure attendance standards are met and time keeping is accurate.
• Ensure all employees have the tools and skills to be productive tool makers.
• Ensure the safety of all employees and the housekeeping of the assigned areas.
• Communicate cross-functionally with all suppliers, customers and needed organizations to ensure all commitments are met.
• Understand and work within the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
• Responsible for effective and timely communication with employees, peers and upper management.
• Encourage and participate in process and quality improvements.
• Ensure all employee training and certifications are kept up to date.
• Ability and desire to work a 2nd Shift
• 5+ years of tooling or related manufacturing experience either as hands on or in a leadership role.
• 5+ years’ experience Tooling or related manufacturing experience ie: Fabrication/Rework/Support Shops including Machine Fab, Jig Fab, Tool and Die and Composite Tooling
• Basic Computing Skills
High School Diploma/GED plus 5 + years of required skills
Spirit AeroSystems is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
Whether you're a customer, supplier, current or potential employee, or a community member, Spirit AeroSystems has something to offer you. We are the world's largest supplier of commercial airplane assemblies and components. We offer a diverse line of products and services for aerospace design, build, support and spares/repair needs. With manufacturing and business office facilities on three continents, our capabilities are technologically world-class in both proficiency and capacity.Our mission is to provide our customers with high-quality, cost-competitive products and services in the following areas: Fuselages Under-wing components Composites Wings Spares/repairs
Aerospace and Defense