Intensive Care Unit RNs must provide top end care for patients with life-threatening injuries. Intensive Care Unit Nurses must have the ability to make timely and accurate decisions while keeping composed during unforeseen, traumatic events.
Intensive Care Unit Nurses duties consist of:
- Evaluating the progress of the patient.
- Taking needed steps if there are any changes in the patient's condition.
- Helping physicians with medical procedures.
- Ensuring all equipment is functioning properly while caring for the patient.
- Providing needed medication in a fast-paced, high stress environment.
- Providing emotional support while updating family members of current health status of the patient.
One year of experience as an Intensive Care Unit RN within the past two years.
- Active RN License in good standing.
- Up to date BLS through American Heart Association.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen.