Intensive Care Unit RNs must provide top end care for patients with life-threatening trauma. Intensive Care Unit Registered Nurses must have the ability to make rapid and accurate decisions while staying composed during unforeseen, traumatic events.
ICU RNs duties include:
- Evaluating the progress of the patient.
- Following the correct process if there are any changes in the patient's condition.
- Helping physicians with procedures.
- Making sure all medical devices are functioning correctly while taking care of patients.
- Dispensing needed medication in a fast moving, high stress environment.
- Providing emotional support while updating family members of current health status of the patient.
One year of experience as an Intensive Care Unit RN within the past two years.
- Active Nursing License in good standing.
- Current BLS through American Heart Association.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen.