A Med/Surg Registered Nurse performs a variety of duties from entry to discharge with a patient. Med/Surg Nurses work directly with patients and also may assist a doctor with procedures. A Med/Surg RN can step in and perform the duties of a charge nurse when needed.
As a Medical Surgical Registered Nurse your duties consist of:
- Handling patient admissions and assessments.
- Distributing prescribed medications.
- Logging patient care regarding procedures and the results of their tests.
- Implementing physicians orders.
- Review labs and other test results.
One year of experience as a Medical Surgical RN within the past two years.
- Current RN License in good standing.
- Up to date Basic Life Support through American Heart Association.
- Negative Drug Screen.