We are looking for an Experienced full time Triage Nurse for our Pediatric Office in Alexandria, VA. This position is available for a licensed individual with outstanding customer service abilities. 8:00am-5:00pm Monday-Friday and 8:00am-12pm 1-2 Saturdays each month. Our Pediatric office is a GREAT PLACE to work offering excellent benefits such as: Paid Time Off; 401k; Health Insurance and Paid Holidays.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides triage advice
- Schedules patients appropriately as per protocol
- Takes requests for prescription or prescription refills and ensures all prescription requests are approved by a provider.
- Ensure all lab/consultation results are reviewed by a provider.
- Performs basic patient care activities including organization of medical records to ensure provider has all the necessary information available during the patient’s encounter.
- Prepares patients for examination and treatment, instructs patients in basic testing requirements, and assists provider by the administration of medications and vaccines as directed by a provider.
- Performs administrative duties as needed; registration of patients, referrals per practice policy, scheduling of outside specialists, chart preparation, and other administrative duties.
- Other duties that may be assigned by supervisor.
EDUCATION, QUALIFICATION AND CREDENTIALS:
- Completion of an accredited LPN program
- Current Virginia license
- 1-3 years general nursing experience (pediatric experience a plus)
- Will train new graduate with current Virginia license
- Will train “return to workforce” nurses with current Virginia license or ability to obtain a license
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Basic computer skills (electronic medical records experience a plus)
- Team & service oriented, organized, has good judgment, punctual with stable work history
This job description is intended to provide only basic guidelines for meeting job requirements. Responsibilities, knowledge, abilities and working conditions may change as needs evolve. This job description is not to be construed as a contract for employment.