Ultrasound Technologist - Full Time - Camden Campus
Southeast Georgia Health System
St. Marys, GA
St. Marys, GA, US
St. Marys, GA
7 days ago
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Interested in working for the Golden Isles' healthcare provider and employer of choice?
Throughout the many locations that make up the Southeast Georgia Health System network, there is a common thread that pulls everything together: A team of committed professionals like you. These individuals appreciate the value of every person who walks through our doors, and are the key to our culture of Service Excellence.
As an Ultrasound Technologist, you will provide direct care to all patients as a Sonographer and will assume responsibility for imaging procedures and the safety of each patient assigned. You will develop and maintain positive relationships with our patients, guests, other team members, and medical staff by striving for excellence in service and quality. For our team members, this is more than a career - it's a calling.
You will be responsible for:
- Performing sonographic scanning per established protocols and procedures and consulting with Radiologists for any clinical deviations concerning patient care/scan protocol.
- Promoting patient safety through proper sterilization procedures and maintenance of the intra-cavity scanning probes.
- Coordinating and assisting in transportation of the patient from the nursing floors to the department and ensuring the availability of applicable support personnel (nursing, respiratory, anesthesiology, and physician) in order to expedite the procedure.
- Remaining abreast of new procedures, equipment, and methods along with participating in evaluation and application.
- Communicating with medical staff, interdepartmental personnel, and public regarding customer needs.
- Maintaining extremely confidential and accurate records, manually and electronically, to ensure appropriate patient data is available.
What you will need:
- Diploma from an ARRT approved program or an Ultrasound approved program.
- ARDMS (American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers) or ARRT (American Registry of Radiologic Technologists) ultrasound registered or ultrasound registry eligible. Registry required within 1 year of hire or transfer.
- 1 year experience within Ultrasound preferred.
Why choose Southeast Georgia Health System?
- We are mission-focused to provide safe, quality, accessible, and cost-effective care to meet the health needs of the people and communities it serves
- Our workplace is as pleasant and rewarding as the setting we enjoy outside of work -- imagine stepping out of your workspace and into a world of scenic beauty, outdoor recreational activities, mild winters, natural beaches, fine dining, and a full array of cultural and colonial historic attractions
- The chance to work within a culture that is collegial yet professional, has exceptional career-advancement potential, and work/life balance that is practically unparalleled
- Our facility will allow you to use, sharpen, and add to your skills without having to commute to a large city environment
- We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package which includes generous Paid Time Off, tuition reimbursement, and wellness programs (including free 24/7 access to an onsite gym).
- The ability to be a part of the prestigious Coastal Community Health, a regional affiliation between Baptist Health, Flagler Hospital and Southeast Georgia Health System. This collaboration forms a highly-integrated hospital network focused on significant initiatives designed to enhance the quality and value of care provided to our contiguous communities
Do you want to make a difference in the lives of others? Join our team today to make a positive impact in the lives of our patients and families!
- Respiratory Systems