Company Overview: American Custom Private Security, Inc (ACPS). is a California for-profit corporation, established in 2008. ACPS performs both commercial and government contract security services. Our Company employs Unarmed and Armed Security Officers, Mobile Patrol Officers, Site Supervisors and Account Managers. We are a full-service, State-licensed Security Provider, PPO# 16495, and headquartered in Stockton, CA.
Mandatory Position Qualifications
Each Candidate must meet the following Mandatory Qualifications for this position:
- Possess a valid Current State of California Guard Card issued.
- Must be able to complete additional training required.
- Possess a Current California Driver's License and have No DMV points against them (if using company or client vehicle).
- Be at least 18 Years Old.
Basic Hiring Requirements for Unarmed Position
Each Candidate must meet the following Employer Hire Requirements:
- Minimum one (1)-year Unarmed Security Officer experience required.
- Be able and willing to work flexible work schedules.
- Possess a valid High School Diploma, foreign equivalent or earned GED Certificate.
- Have own reliable transportation.
- Prior Military Experience, must present a valid Discharge Form DD214, upon Job offer.
- Able to hear conversation clearly at normal-voice level; fluently speak and understand both conversational and written English; and able to pass Job Physical examination, if required.
- Able to successfully complete all training & certifications required for the position being hired.
- Possess sufficient skills to operate cellphone and /or portable two-way radio.
- Proven ability to interact cordially and communicate with the Public.
Primary Job Responsibilities
Specific Duties and Essential Job Functions:
- Perform security foot patrols
- Monitor site conditions that may create security concerns or safety hazards
- Communicate by use of Sivertrac Software for reporting using Smart Phone, Tablets, and/or computer.
- Respond to alarms notify police or fire department in case of fire or presence of unauthorized persons.
- Verbally warn violators of rule infractions
- Allow authorized persons to enter property and monitor access points.
- Monitor and enforce Property Removal, as well as deter theft.
- Investigate and prepare Incident Reports on accidents, incidents, and suspicious activities
- Maintain professional demeanor and assist. customers, employees and visitors in a courteous manner.
Job Skills Required:
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
- Ability to identify escalating conditions and quickly mitigate same.
Environment: Indoor workspaces some cases, outdoor parking and landscape areas. Temperature ranges from moderate to extreme, by location, time of day and Season.
Major Activity: Providing a visual deterrent by walking, conducting stationary surveillance, and interacting with people, changing conditions and on-going site activities.
Physical Job Requirements: Standing and walking for long periods. Some sitting and minimal to no stooping or kneeling required. Lifting up to 25 lbs. periodically.
American Custom Private Security, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity for all applicants, regardless of; race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and veteran's status, as well as, any applicable Federal, State, or Municipal discrimination laws.
American Custom Private Security, Inc. (ACPS) employs Equality, Fairness and Equal Opportunity in our Workplace, and supports an Alcohol and Drug-Free Business Environment.