Underwriter - Commercial
CRC Insurance Services Inc
San Francisco, CA
The position is described below. If you want to apply, click the Apply button at the top or bottom of this page. You'll be required to create an account or sign in to an existing one.
If you have a disability and need assistance with the application, you can request a reasonable accommodation. Send an email to
firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=Accommodation%20requestor call 877-891-2510 (accommodation requests only; other inquiries won't receive a response).
Regular or Temporary:Regular
Language Fluency: English (Required)
Work Shift:1st shift (United States of America)
Please review the following job description:
Underwrites new and renewal business, approves policy changes, maintain workload, and controls written business up to and including the time of binding according to Company guidelines and established CRC procedures. Provides leadership to a production/underwriting team. Provides high quality professional service to Agents and Companies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Meet or exceed production goals as assigned by Management.
- Underwrite new and renewal business.
- Supervise a multi-person team ensuring all pertinent information is communicated. Develop and maintain excellent relationships with clients.
- Market all Company products and services to clients.
- Communicate properly and timely with all producers regarding submissions and decisions for new or renewal business. Approve and disapprove endorsement requests according to internal and Company guidelines.
- Monitor accounts to ensure compliance with the firm’s policies and procedures.
- Monitor production, hit ratios, renewal retention ratios spread of risk and other production and quality measures to minimize risk and predict future success.
- Review and handle policy servicing requests (endorsement, audits, Company requests, Certificates, Premium Finance Notices and Cancellations, etc.) appropriately.
- Review inspection reports and compare to the conditions that were represented at the time of binding and take appropriate or needed actions.
- Meet or exceed file documentation standards, comply with underwriting authority level standards and pass all audits – both internal and external.
- Maintain necessary licenses to produce business.
Required Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- College degree or appropriate insurance designation required.
- At least 3 years of experience in production and marketing of new accounts is a must. Must be licensed in corresponding areas of insurance.
- Must be able to understand and analyze necessary components of insurance policies. Ability to understand the client’s needs and have knowledge of the risk profiles associated.
- Recognize new trends and developments in the insurance industry and be able to incorporate into strategies. Must have knowledge of commercial multi-line underwriting and rating.
- Must have ability to use company automation to include Windows, Delphi, Word, DocuCorp, Rackley ISO Rating Software. Ability to develop, foster, and maintain an excellent working relationship with agencies.
- Provide necessary instruction to underwriting support staff. Exercise discretion in making decisions.
- Leadership and team playing skills a must.
- Maintain current knowledge of the insurance industry. Good written and verbal skills are required.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- Maintain travel schedule depending on the needs of clients, Agents, and new business. Ability to work extended hours when necessary.
- Normal environment; no unusual physical demands.
CRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants regardless of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law.