Regional Underwriting Supervisor
Mt. Laurel, New Jersey
Merchants Insurance Group, is a leading Property and Casualty Insurer in the Northeast, and is looking for an experienced Regional Underwriting Supervisor for our Commercial Lines Underwriting team located in our Mt. Laurel, New Jersey Office. The safety of our colleagues, both current and future, is Merchants Insurance Group’s highest priority. At this time, most of our colleagues are working remotely due to the current COVID-19 pandemic. The candidate selected for this position will be trained remotely and must be able to work from home in a designated work area until such time as it is determined that all colleagues will return to the office.
The Regional Underwriting Supervisor will become part of a dedicated underwriting management team focusing on leadership and mentoring of underwriting colleagues. This position interacts extensively with internal colleagues, company management and outside Agent personnel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Cultivating solid relationships with independent agents and internal staff while working towards achieving the most optimal outcomes for Merchants and our policyholders.
- Supervising activities of underwriters and underwriting assistants in accordance with departmental objectives and standards.
- Reviewing accounts beyond individual authority with the Regional Underwriting Manager and recommend a course of action.
- Achieving regional loss ratio and production goals for commercial lines of business.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Qualified candidates will have a 4 year degree or equivalent work related experience.
- A minimum of 5 years commercial underwriting experience.
- Previous supervisory or management experience is required.
- Property and Casualty insurance related coursework is desired i.e. CPCU.
- Previous Agency relationships within the local insurance industry – NJ & PA is highly desirable.
- Microsoft Office knowledge as well as the ability to work with internal company systems (WINS, ImageRight etc.).
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
Merchants Insurance Group Benefits:
- Welcoming and positive work environment
- Flexible work arrangements, including flex scheduling and summer hours
- Competitive pay scale
- Generous paid time off package
- Full Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, 401(k) employer match amount is 100% up to 6% of your annual contributions. You are immediately 100% vested in the employer match dollars.
- Two outstanding company bonus programs
- Tuition Reimbursement
And many more exciting company benefits!! EOE
Employment Type: Full Time
Years Experience: 5 - 10 years