Unit Coordinator Registered Nurse RN
Edgecombe Health and Rehabilitation Center
Provide and coordinate clinical services for residents/patients in the various units and is responsible for facilitating the interdisciplinary team.
- Assess and evaluate the systems which facilitate the delivery of quality resident care.
- Facilitate the resolution of issues and concerns associated with resident/patient care including family issues.
- Implement and evaluate all nursing procedures and systems relative to unit programming.
- Make nursing diagnoses that serve as the basis for the strategy of care.
- Perform nursing assessments regarding the health status of the resident/patient.
- Develop a plan of care and implements nursing care based on assessment.
- Provide health education to patients and their families.
- Participate in quality assurance activities.
- Adhere to scope of practice limitations based on qualifications.
- Complete required forms and documents in accordance with company policy and state and/or federal regulations.
- Will perform general nursing duties in cases of emergency or staffing shortages.
- May function as Unit Coordinator for specialty unit, such as Alzheimer’s unit, in which case additional duties may be required.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Required Education and Experience
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing preferred.
- Valid State licensure.
Supervises nursing care provided by RNs, LVNs, LPNs, and others for whom they are administratively or professionally responsible.
May be required to respond to critical issues on a 24/7 basis. Employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands or fingers, reach with hands and arms, feel, talk and hear. Employee will occasionally assist to lift and / or transfer patients weighing between 100 to 250 pounds. Employee is occasionally exposed to blood or other body fluids, fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.