United States Secret Service - Criminal Investigator (Special Agent)
United States Secret Service
This position primarily reports to Washington, DC and may be assigned to multiple duty stations nationally and internationally.
Show us you have the talent and background we need, and we will show you the rewards of joining the U.S. Secret Service as a Criminal Investigator (Special Agent). Joining the Secret Service, Office of Investigations, as a Special Agent will allow you to perform critical protective and investigative assignments. The special agent position starts at one of the following salary levels dependent on experience:
● GL-07 Level (starting salary $49,016) - Requirements: A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with superior academic achievement OR At least one full year of graduate-level education (i.e. 18 semester hours). OR at least 1 year of specialized experience in, or related to, the investigative methods, protective methods, and law enforcement techniques.
● GL-09 Level (starting salary $54,668) - Requirements: A master's or equivalent graduate degree (such as LL.B. or J.D.) or two full years of progressively higher level graduate education, in a related field, leading to such a degree from an accredited college or university; have at least 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to the GL-7 level OR A combination of specialized experience, as described above, and related graduate-level education, beyond the first full year of graduate-level study.
● GS-11 Level (Starting salary $64,009) - Requirements: A Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree, 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree, or LL.M., if related Have at least 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to the GL-9 level which is defined as experience in OR A combination of specialized experience, as described above, and related graduate-level education, beyond the first full year of doctoral-level study.
Promotion potential for this position is $144,676 (GS-13, step 10).
During the course of their careers, Special Agents carry out assignments in both investigations and protection and may be assigned to multiple duty stations throughout the U.S. and abroad. Duties include:
● Providing protection for various protectees.
● Conducting criminal investigations pertaining to financial obligations of the United States.
● Planning and implementing security designs for National Special Security Events.
Take your career to new heights while you serve your country with honor, distinction and pride. Apply Now! EOE. #ZeroFailMission.