As a Universal Banker -- Operations Leader, you will provide best-in-class service by processing routine to advanced banking transactions while also serving as the lead bank operations specialist within the branch. Through relationship building, you will ensure a superior customer experience and help lead other associates in creating a differentiated service environment. In addition, you will offer the best and most appropriate personal or business financial products and services along with educating your customers on alternative and convenient transaction channels. All Universal Banker team members will be cross-functional in a universal banking model to assist clients with a myriad of needs.
* Do Right by accepting and accurately processing a variety of financial transactions for customers, including typical consumer and business transactions, i.e., cashing checks, processing checking and savings account withdrawals and balancing duties, while seeking opportunities to further develop customer relationships and identify sales opportunities; utilizing basic sales techniques to deepen existing customer/prospect relationships, i.e., new accounts and products that properly fit the need of the customer.
* Embrace We by setting the example for a superior customer experience and by leading the operational duties needed to maintain operational excellence and compliance within a bank branch.
* Own It, leading other associates by example to meet individual sales/referrals and activity objectives.
* Introduce Fresh Thinking by educating customers on alternative channels and technologies that provide value and convenience.
* Manage day-to-day branch operations to ensure efficiency and compliance with operational and security policies.
* Provide guidance and training to branch personnel on operating problems, handling of exceptions, adjustments, and sales.
* Supervise all branch operations.
* Assist with branch staff scheduling.
* Support the branch management routines by adopting and modeling the Cadence Vision sales and service process.
* Maintain responsibility for cash drawer and follow proper balancing procedures.
* Review and maintain knowledge of products, fees and policies and stay current on offerings for product suggestions for consumer and small business lines of banking.
* Open and process simple consumer and basic small business deposit accounts, providing appropriate solutions/services to businesses for managing their cash flow.
* Explore the customer's financial needs, recommend other bank services and, when appropriate, refer customers within the branch or to other departments.
* Demonstrate compliance with all bank regulations that apply to your position and stay current on regulation changes including Bank Secrecy Act, Regulation CC, Regulation E, Bank Security and other regulations that apply to your position.
* Create a positive impact within the communities you serve by investing time in Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) activities and financial literacy initiatives.
* High school diploma required; college coursework preferred.
* Previous banking or demonstrated sales experience in business, retail or other industries.
* Demonstrated experience related to bank operations, management or operations adherence preferred.
* 1-year cash handling experience in a banking or retail environment preferred.
* Foundational knowledge of sales and service techniques with consumers and small businesses in a structured, goal-based environment preferred.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to solve problems and nurture client relationships even in contentious situations.
* This position does NOT require S.A.F.E. registration at the time of employment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. Cadence Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Cadence Bank is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled