UX Writer - Remote
- 3 years of experience in UX writing or content strategy
- Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism or a related field
- Demonstrated ability in UX writing
- Knowledge of how content guides users through a digital experience
- Demonstrated ability to write in a manner that’s clear, concise and on-brand
- Demonstrated ability in presenting and storytelling
- Understanding of SEO best practices for creating content and writing metadata
- 5 years of experience in UX writing or content strategy
- Experience in the mortgage and financial services industry
The UX Writer creates content that guides users through our digital product experiences. They collaborate with other UX experts, product managers and engineers to design seamless experiences that allow our clients to achieve their greatest financial goals. They break down technical language to understand what options and limitations must be considered to make recommendations that provide the best possible experience for our users.
- Collaborate with other team members to create and update features for our digital products and experiences, participating in activities such as discovery, concepting, wireframing and prototyping
- Write and edit product content that drives the user experience and search engine optimization
- Use data and user feedback to guide recommendations and content decisions
- Present new solutions and recommendations to stakeholders, using expertise and persuasion to influence the product vision
- Work with a team to translate requirements into design solutions that solve both client and business needs
- Mentor associate UX writers
Who We Are
Detroit-based Rocket Companies® is a family of businesses providing simple, fast and trusted digital solutions for complex transactions. The name comes from our flagship business, Rocket Mortgage®, which was founded in 1985. Today, we're a publicly traded company involved in several different industries, including mortgages, fintech, real estate, automotive and more. We're insistently different in how we look at the world and committed to an inclusive workplace where every voice is heard. We're passionate about the work we do, and it shows. We've been ranked #5 on Fortune's list of the 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2021, as well as ranking #1 for Fortune's Best Large Workplaces in Financial Services and Insurance List in 2021.
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.
We are proud equal opportunity employers and committed to providing an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all candidates and team members. Employment decisions, including hiring decisions, are not based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, military or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with state and federal law.