This is a temporary position. Roles will be primarily Navigator and Med Prep Role in Marinette
Job Title/Position: COVID-19 Immunizer
Job Classification: Direct Patient Care / Hands-On Patient Care
Date of Analysis: 12/17/2020
Brief Description of Job Responsibilities:
* Facilitate/perform the gathering of patient information and document accordingly
* Verify order in EPIC patient medical record
* Greet patients and prepare them for vaccination
* Administer and document immunizations
* Monitor patient after immunization given
* Provide patient education based on current Prevea documents and information
* Perform related work as required
* Knowledge of principles and skills needed for patient care
* Knowledge of administration of injectable medications and vaccines.
* Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment
* Ability to work in a fast paced environment
* Ability to work under stressful or emergency situations with high concentration and energy level
* Ability to communicate clearly
* Must display excellent teamwork
* Must possess skills to effectively solve problems
* Skill in maintaining patient records per collection schedule
* Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationship with patients, medical staff and the public
* Ability to work in various assigned work environments to meet clinic and patient needs
* Ability to be flexible with shifts and work to meet patient/clinic/community needs
* Ability to maintain personal protection equipment for the work assigned
* May require the need to work assigned weekends to cover the needs of the community/mobile testing
* Ability to demonstrate proficiency in administering injections
* Ability to demonstrate proficiency in point of care processing.
Licensed Practical Nurse/Registered Nurse
* Graduation from an accredited school of practical nursing/Associate Degree Nursing or Bachelors in Nursing program
* Valid state license to practice practical nursing/Registered Nursing
* Current CPR certification
Medical Assistant or Certified/Registered Medical Assistant
* Graduation from an accredited school of medical assistant or five years of on the job training.
* Certified or registered Medical Assistant preferred but not required
* Current CPR certification
* If holds other licenses that supersede CMA/RMA license may practice to the highest level of licensure with the approval of Quality Resources in writing. Approval to be kept on file with department supervisor. Employee must maintain licensure to continue working at higher level of service
Previous/Past MA, LPN, RN
* Must have previous experience administering injectable medications and demonstrate competency prior to administering injectable medication within the last 5 years.
* Must demonstrate experience with Electronic Medical Records and competency documenting injections in the Electronic Medical Record within the last 5 years.
* Previous or Current CPR certification or understanding of how to activate medical emergency response at the site.
Pharmacy Health Care Professionals:
* Graduation from an accredited school of Pharmacy.
* Valid state license to practice.
* Must have completed Immunization/Vaccine training through ACPE or equivalent pathway.
Non-Essential Duties: Other duties as assigned within scope of practice
Typical Physical Demands:
* Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Involves standing and walking.
* Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 50 pounds as needed for patient transfer (with assistance or other staff). Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds of supplies. Requires exposure to bodily fluids.
* Sometimes has to wheelchair patients with a force of up to 70lbs
* Requires visual acuity correctable to 20/30 and hearing within normal range
* Requires exposure to bodily fluids.
Typical Working Conditions:
Combination of medical office and exam/procedure room settings/mobile testing site. Possible exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a clinic environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled