Validation Test Engineer - Electrical
Workhorse Technologies Inc
Workhorse Group Inc. is a technology company focused on providing drone-integrated electric vehicles to the last-mile delivery sector. As an American original equipment manufacturer, we design and build high performance, battery-electric vehicles including trucks and aircraft. Workhorse also develops cloud-based, real-time telematics performance monitoring systems that are fully integrated with our vehicles and enable fleet operators to optimize energy and route efficiency. All Workhorse vehicles are designed to make the movement of people and goods more efficient and less harmful to the environment.
The Validation Test Engineer – Electrical will plan, create, and implement the validation process, specifically focused on the electrical aspects of the Electric Vehicles (EV); verifying that Workhorse equipment, design, and processes meet performance, quality, and industry specific safety standards, as well as customer requirements. The candidate should be familiar with mathematical engineering principles and various validation systems and components.
Additional Job Responsibilities
Researches, develops, designs, and tests vehicle electrical components, equipment, and systems by performing the following duties.
· Implements an equipment validation protocol for all electrical aspects of the Electric Vehicles (EV).
· Develops and follows a Validation Master Plan that specifies all the electrical activities within the manufacturing process.
· Uses 3D & 2D computer aided design (CAD) to validate the components/sub-systems into an electric vehicle platform.
· Verifies that manufacturing, installation, and operational testing conform to functional specifications and regulatory requirements for various automotive systems.
· Works alongside product engineering and regulatory to successfully implement a database for all DVPR activities.
· Performs product testing on a schedule pre-determined by the Validation Manager.
· Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or related degree.
· Minimum 3 years of engineering validation experience required.
· Proficient in Solidworks 3D CAD environment and Solidworks Electrical 2D environment.
· Good communication skills and a team-oriented attitude.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office applications as well as other computer-based engineering tools.
· Professional familiarity with automotive systems in an automotive manufacturing environment.
· Comfortable working in a fast-paced innovative engineering environment.
· Proficient in performing various types of component analysis including EMI, communications, thermodynamics, etc.
· Must be able to move freely in and out of vehicles, some occasional work on elevated platforms and ladders.
The job requires working in a manufacturing environment in proximity with moving machinery, occasional loud noises, and high voltage electricity. On occasion weekend and evening work availability will be required.
Workhorse Group Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Workhorse Group Inc. will not provide immigration/work visa sponsorship for this position.