Role: VP of Finance
At Archer Roose, we’ve always had an appreciation for the boundary pushers, the feather rufflers, and the unconventional explorers. This is why we’ve partnered with adventurous winemakers all around the world to bring you a better, consciously crafted glass of wine that inspires connection to yourself and others in a format to fit your lifestyle.
We believe that you should pay for the wine, not the packaging. Archer Roose produces gluten-free, vegan friendly wine from celebrated wine regions around the world, in kegs and cans.
We are growing and growing fast. Therefore we are looking for intellectually curious, fun people who are unafraid to venture into the unknown. If joining an energetic, fun, and creative team sounds like something that gets you excited, consider the job below:
Purpose of this Role
The VP of Finance will play a key role in our growing team, establishing a more robust financial planning processes, and contributing to a collaborative team culture. The VP of Finance will be responsible for managing all aspects of finance and accounting throughout this rapidly growing organization. The VP of Finance will serve as a member of the executive team supporting Operations and the CEO along with providing financial input to key members of the Board of Directors. Real time communication on the financial health of the company is critical to ensure adequate capitalization, scalable processes, streamlined operations, and market expansion.
Core Focus Areas
Business & Financial Strategy
- Financial Strategy: Develop the financial strategy to ensure effective capital structure and be held accountable for maintaining enough resources (inventory, time, people, and money) to achieve the roadmap set forth.
- Operational Strategy: Define departmental and individual Objective and Key Results (OKRs) with measurable and quantifiable Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Revenue Strategy: Develop pricing models and serve the marketing and sales channels with resources and support optimizing revenue across multiple channels. Assist in the standard review of key promotional plans, tracking of promotional spending compared to set budgets and targets, and strategic customer planning.
- Models: Develop models across the organization building strategy through precise forecasting, creating benchmarks and accountability ultimately ensuring we are resourced to meet and exceed the needs of a changing business environment.
- Develop a deep understanding of business unit economics broken down by pricing levels, customer segmentation, customer acquisition, deal terms, adoption, retention, regions, and categories.
- Identify, develop, and execute analysis of business initiatives, product launches and/or new service offerings.
- Assess new investment opportunities and provide recommendations on potential returns and risks.
Capital and Risk Management
- Capital Markets: Support CEO in managing the process of raising equity, debt, program related investment (PRI), and grant capital.
- Treasury Management: Cash management and banking relationships.
- Tax Planning: Manage global tax strategy for optimization.
- Risk Management: Manage insurance and liability strategies.
- Risk-Insurance. Ensure proper coverage and balance of risk for the Company.
- Accounting: Lead all general ledger, purchasing, fixed assets, payroll, internal auditing, AR/AP, collections, reporting, and budgetary and expense controls. Work closely with cost accounting personnel in maintaining accurate product cost standards and the updating of these costs at least annually for the business plan.
- Systems: Establish systems suitable for a high growth company with established customers and capital expenditure concerns.
- Audit: Work with the company’s auditors to ensure compliance/completion of all financial statements.
Reporting: Financial and Business Metrics
- Financial Statements: Prepare all accounting and financial analyses of operations, including interim and final financial statements with supporting schedules, for the guidance of management.
- Business Metrics / Reporting: Ensure executives, directors, and investors are continually aware of the company’s current financial position relative to plan through reliable financial and operations statements, forecasts, and controls issued on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis.
- Investor Relations: Manage investor relations efforts by interfacing with shareholders and potential investors. This includes financial presentations to the board of directors.
- Leadership: Lead the accounting and finance team (internal and outsourced) while supporting other departments as a high-ranking executive. Work with and inspire a group of incredibly smart, mission-driven people by giving them the tools, mentorship, and motivation to innovate and make decisions that support the vision of the company.
- Culture: Shape and nurture a culture of mission-focus, openness, integrity, excellence, ingenuity, and passion.
- Experience in the food and beverage manufacturing industry and/or direct to consumer business models preferred.
- Experience in commercial bank financing.
- Experience with sales, inventory, operations, planning (“SIOP”) modeling, subscription modeling, and cross-channel pricing analyses.
- Substantial hands-on experience with ERP and reporting systems
- Experience developing and implementing financial management and budget control systems.
- Experienced with deal structuring and contract negotiations.
- Conversant in U.S. GAAP accounting rules.
- Conversant in global tax structures.
- Equity and debt capital raising experience.
- Experience developing dashboards and KPIs to track business success.
- Mission-driven mindset.
- Personality profile to fit into a high-growth, entrepreneurial culture that requires teamwork and significant interaction and collaboration with employees at all levels.
- Proven hands-on leadership, not just managerial experience. You must be willing/able to get things done without the help of a large staff.
- Data and metrics-driven mindset with experience analyzing markets and trends, anticipating, and identifying opportunities, and developing insight at a strategic level.
- An exceptional ability to identify and break down problems to find unique solutions, remove single points of failure, and set a plan into action.
- Stellar personal reputation and professional credibility to go along with great industry contacts.
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage a heavy workload, providing visibility into the workflow.
- A high degree of personal initiative, interpersonal skills, creativity, and the ability to listen, communicate, write, learn, and facilitate processes within a complex, fast-moving organization.
- Ability to adapt to/succeed in a rapidly evolving industry.
- EDUCATION: Undergraduate degree is required.