Vice President, Information Technology
Apex Systems, America’s second largest technical staffing firm, has an opportunity for a
Vice President, Information Technology
with a top client in RTP.
If interested in this, or any other opportunities with Apex Systems, please send a resume and best contact information to Caroline, email@example.com
About Our Client
Apex Systems' client is a product-driven, fully integrated gene therapy company focused on creating and developing innovative genetic medicines with life-changing or curative potential for patients with devastating conditions, including monogenic rare disease and beyond.
Our client's company leverages a proprietary structure-inspired adeno-associated virus (AAV) vector engineering platform (STRIVE) to create unique and differentiated vectors that improve upon naturally occurring AAV serotypes to overcome current limitations of first-generation gene therapies. Combined with genetic construct design expertise and in-house manufacturing capabilities, this company is positioned to generate best-in-class genetic medicines that allow more patients to benefit with maximum efficiency, leading to improved treatment outcomes.
Our client's company is comprised of accomplished leaders and talented, passionate colleagues with a desire to translate innovative science into treatments. Together with their collaborators, the company is making rapid progress on our mission to bring novel medicines to patients who desperately need them. Our client's offices, labs and manufacturing facility are located in the heart of Research Triangle Park, NC.
Apex Systems is seeking a VP of Information Technology who will oversee and manage all aspects of our client's Information Technology systems and ensure the IT systems align with the business strategies, corporate initiatives, operational processes, and compliance. As a key leadership position, the VP of IT will interact with all levels of management and will develop, evolve and execute the enterprise IT strategy and roadmap. As an experienced leader, the VP of IT will draw on relevant experience in the biotech industry to be a trusted advisor to all R&D and GMP Operation functions. The position requires a hands-on, cross-functional mindset and the ability to juggle IT requirements with the additional demands of a rapidly growing, multi-site organization. You MUST have biotech experience.
- Develop short-term and long-term IT strategy for the company. Oversee development and execution of the IT roadmap, including prioritization and sequencing of key systems.
- Manage third-party professional IT and helpdesk support services firm.
- Implement and chair a cross functional IT Steering Committee to review and implement the IT strategy and roadmap.
- Collaborate with and advise business and functional leaders on IT matters.
- Establish and maintain server network for all lab computers and instrumentation to allow for data sharing and transfer, including remote access and virtual machines for enabling off-site application access, data acquisition and additional data analysis / visualization capabilities.
- Establish and maintain cloud-based and/or on-site data storage and backup/archiving strategies, including database creation and management.
- Direct the evaluation and implementation of equipment software with existing systems.
- Identify opportunities for automation and execute plans to automate, maximizing the IT development productivity.
- Accountable for audit compliance, cyber security, disaster recovery and business continuity processes and initiatives.
- Implement and oversee all IT policies and procedures, along with PCI, HIPAA, SOX, cGMP (FDA, EMEA, HPB etc.) and privacy and data protection requirements.
- Assess and implement Company's MDM (Mobile Device Management) policy and strategy.
- Identify opportunities for the appropriate and cost-effective investment of financial resources in IT systems and resources, including staffing, sourcing, purchasing, and in-house development to meet the Company's needs and standards.
- Manage all external IT vendor relationships including staffing, product service agreements, and consultative services.
- Plan and manage the IT budget and establish metrics to gauge internal performance and customer service to the rest of the organization.
- Communicate business technology strategies and plans to key stakeholders.
- Assess new and emerging technologies in context of the company's strategy to maximize contribution of technology to business objectives.
- Establish, direct, and collaborate with HR on all IT employee training for software, hardware, and networking tools.
- Implement periodic third-party intrusion testing, report results, and implement remediation measures or solutions.
- Minimum of 15 years of information technology experience in the biotech or pharmaceutical industry
- Minimum of 10 years of hands-on IT experience in an FDA/EMEA regulated, GxP and research environment in a biotech or pharmaceutical company. Mus
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related degree required.
- Experience developing and leading an IT department.
- Technical knowledge, experience, and aptitude with various bio-tech software and hardware providers such as: Thermo Fisher, Molecular Devices, Bio-Rad, Cytiva, Zeiss, and systems required for GMP data archiving, document management, quality management, ERP, MES and LIMS.
- Relevant knowledge and industrial experience in the field of gene therapy development is preferred
- Must be able to work with computers for a majority of the day (looking into the screen for extended periods)
- Must be able to use continuous repetitive motion (computer keyboard) for long periods
- Must be able to concentrate on data/information for long periods
- Ability to lift 25 lbs.
- Must be able to legally drive, possess a valid, current NC state driver's license, and have a personal auto to drive to destinations for office needs (post office, retail stores for last-minute supply pickup, etc.)
What Our Client Offers
- Stock Options
- Company-paid holidays
- Paid time off
- Health, dental and vision care
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan + match
- Paid parental leave
- Concierge services
- Employee Assistance Program
- On-site gym membership, fully stocked kitchen, retail discount programs
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at
About the Company
Apex Systems, a segment of ASGN Inc. (NYSE: ASGN), is a technology services business that delivers emerging technology solutions to bring our clients digital visions to life. Apex has presence in over 70 markets across US, Canada and Mexico. Our consultants work with all types of companies throughout all industries, including more than 300 of the Fortune 500 companies. Are you an innovator with high standards who wants to help shape the world? We want you! Learn more about how to find your purpose with Apex, visit www.apexsystems.com.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 844-463-6178.