The Vice President provides the leadership, management and vision necessary to ensure that clinical education, resources, and data collection and operational systems are in place to effectively support the clinical mission across the therapy continuum and to support financial strength and operating efficiency of the organization in the field. The position accomplishes this through a respectful, constructive and energetic style, guided by the objectives of the company.
As a regional leader, supports the clinical operations of multiple rehabilitation practices throughout the company and functions as a member of the Company’s management team in providing leadership for the Company, in alignment with our mission and values.
Must have experience in senior living - ALF/ILF/Outpatient and Home Health. Must live in CA.
- Responsible for assisting with development and implementation of a wide range of evidenced based clinical programs for all care settings to ensure quality and continuity of care, effective operational implementation and measureable clinical outcomes.
- Will work closely with the field operations team to ensure clinical efficacy, successful practice application, program marketability through successful outcomes and the delivery of quality, fiscally responsible care.
- Functions as a resource for clinical program, caseload development, clinical strategies, education & training
- Provides in-services and training to rehab and facility clinical staff, as needed
- Prioritize visits to assigned facilities with availability to field and customers via phone and email on an ongoing basis
- Understand, support, train on the company’s outcomes management systems, working with IT as necessary for refinements, reporting, etc.
- Utilizes therapy management systems to track key metrics, assist in evaluating clinical program efficacy, make recommendations for changes in strategy or approach to optimize program performance
- Collaborate with the strategy division for delivery of clinical niche programs and other framework identified using data and program analysis
- Participates RD conference calls / meetings for communication & training as needed
- Collaborates with QAC and Denials teams as needed for growth and improvement of programs and processes
- Addresses customer and employee concerns in timely manner and communicates issues to Senior Management as needed
- Reinforces communications from the Company regarding regulatory and other industry updates
- Participates in and documents clinical investigations as assigned
- Participates in health care conferences, tradeshows and as requested
- Bachelors, Master’s Degree and or Doctorate Degree in Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy or Speech and Language Pathology or an Associate’s Degree as a Physical Therapist Assistant or an Occupational Therapist Assistant
- Current or eligible for license in the state(s) assigned
- Minimum of 3 years of rehabilitation experience
- Knowledge of state, federal and therapy practice act legislation/law and accreditation standards
- Working knowledge of Medicare and other reimbursement programs across multiple therapy settings
- Interdisciplinary management and understanding essential
- Must complete RAC-CT or other specialty certification
- Must pass Medical and Physical examination based on job qualifications, requirements and duties/responsibilities
- Valid driver’s license and means of personal transportation to service multi state geography as defined from time to time