VP, Research-Data Science Operations & Program Mgt. Leader
Sema4 is a patient-centered health intelligence company dedicated to advancing healthcare through data-driven insights. Sema4 is transforming healthcare by applying AI and machine learning to multidimensional, longitudinal clinical and genomic data to build dynamic models of human health and defining optimal, individualized health trajectories. Centrellis®, our innovative health intelligence platform, is enabling us to generate a more complete understanding of disease and wellness and to provide science-driven solutions to the most pressing medical needs. Sema4 believes that patients should be treated as partners, and that data should be shared for the benefit of all.
Our Research team seeks a talented VP, Research - Data Science Operations and Program Management Leader to be responsible for developing, implementing and overseeing strategic program and project management excellence across all Research at Sema4 and within the Information Technology, Security Operations, and Data organization, ensuring the successful “end-to-end” delivery of projects and programs for the company. You will be tasked with aligning the people, processes, measurements, standards, and efforts within Research, with aim to scale best practices and methodologies for the broader organization. In addition, the incumbent is the primary and overarching interface cross functionally, ensuring optimal alignment and coordination of all other interfaces or points of contact. The key focus will be enacting and executing key programs within our portfolio and pipeline as well as planning and driving metrics.
- Ensure the successful end-to-end delivery of projects and programs of Research & Technology portfolio of projects
- Lead a team of Project Managers to major business initiatives, clients and ongoing operations. Responsible to recruit, organize, and develop additional PMs with diverse skills and experience to meet our varied and evolving business challenges as we develop research insights into products.
- Establish successful metrics for all programs and ensure current assessment of progress toward those objectives is visible to team members and executive leaders, gaining visibility to progress and performance, providing success metrics for the executive leaders
- Develop and implement processes to monitor, set appropriate milestones and track overall project performance with other departments as required to execute on timelines to meet the strategic goals.
- Build a culture of driving project effectiveness, scaling best practices within the PMO for the purpose of achieving business goals and to support the smooth running of projects undertaken by the Research organization.
- Partner effectively with PMO leads for Product, Laboratory, and Health Systems at Sema4 to ensure effective management of programs across the company and progress toward success metrics approved by the Sema4 Executive Leadership Team (ELT).
- 8-10 years’ experience working and leading in a project management office responsible for managing complex portfolio of projects
- Senior Executive experience within operational and project management, preferably in Research, Technology and or Healthcare industry
- Proven success in leading high-performance teams, achieving results through others, and as a strong team player
- Ability to lead innovative and/or transformative projects and strives for continuous improvements
- Exceptional ability to analyze data and utilize it to make sound business decision
- Customer oriented – Demonstrate strong focus on customer service and client satisfaction while maintaining high ethics and professional integrity in all interactions
- Conflict management and resolution skills - Build consensus, anticipate and solve problems
- Ability to organize and manage multiple, and at times competing priorities
- Demonstrate strong communication and collaboration skills necessary to lead and manage teams and projects effectively
- Ability to work within a dynamic team setting and provide leadership to build and develop strong teams
- Solid understanding of business planning processes and key business metrics to be achieved
- Solid understanding of financial management and budgeting.