3 days ago
ELMWOOD PARK, NJ
This position receives and ships out stores and distributes material, tools, equipment and products within the warehouse, ensuring accuracy and timeliness of all job functions.
PRINCIPAL JOB DUTIES
Duties may include but are not necessarily limited to the following:
* Under close supervision acquires job skills and learns company procedures to complete routine tasks.
* Picking and packing, pulling down orders from system
* Printing forms for distribution, creating shipping labels for FedEx ground or Express
* Assemble customer orders from stock and distributes them to the appropriate location within the organization
* Read customer orders, work orders, shipping orders or requisitions to determine items to be moved, gathered or distributed and/or shipped. Check packing list against received items
* Verify quality of product received
* Generate manual/internal packing list for missing packing slips
* Label and organize inventory in a logical manner for good work flow
* Perform month end counts
* Familiarity with ordering patterns
* Assist shipping and receiving unloading trucks, checking in merchandise, matching purchase orders to packing slips for distribution to the laboratories
* Move materials and items from receiving or storage areas to shipping or to other designated areas
* File requisitions, work orders or requests for materials, tools or other stock items and distribute items to shipping or to designated route driver storage area.
* May be assigned facilities maintenance duties as needed.
* May perform mail clerk responsibilities if needed
* Count laboratory inventory for cart restock.
* Organize warehouse and work area for orderliness at all times
* Drives company vehicle with supplies and reagents to the laboratory as needed.
* Wear the proper safety equipment.
* Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Ability to Lift Up to 50 lbs
* May require standing or sitting for extended periods of time.
* HS degree or equivalent
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
* Good Communication, organizational and time management kills.
* Basic Mathematical Skills
* Ability to follow directions
* One year of warehouse, shipping receiving, inventory experience is preferred.
* Valid and in good standing Driver's License
BioReference Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled