Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Warehouse Manager is responsible for managing the selecting and outbound loading of dry and refrigerated trailers in a safe and efficient manner. This position will manage receiving activities for inbound product.
- Monitor employee performance and take necessary steps to ensure the daily plan is achievable and met by all Warehouse departments.
- Responsible for having orders selected and trucks loaded for on time dispatch of all routes.
- Continuously evaluate procedures and staff performance and make changes to improve efficiencies. Counsel, record, and discipline as necessary.
- Partner with Transportation and to address driver concerns on load quality and OS+D.
- Interview, select and train Selectors and Supervisors to maintain a staffing level necessary to run the shift efficiently and effectively.
- Ensure compliance with all Company safety and selection procedures.
- Continuously train and promote safe operation of all material handling equipment.
- Effectively communicate with Warehouse associates to ensure safety, organization and cleanliness of the Warehouse.
- Maintain and present production and service metrics performance reports to upper management as needed.
- Manage the maintenance and upkeep of the facility.
- P&L responsibility for the Mokena Warehouse Operation.
- Manage the Warehouse Supervisors, Receivers, Selectors and Loaders of the Mokena operation
- Partner and establish strong working relationships with other departments that provide support to Operations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BS/BA Preferred
- 5 + years of warehouse operations experience as well as progressive hands-on supervisory/management experience required
- Previous experience in a Food Distribution environment is preferred.
- Financial acumen with previous P&L responsibility is preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software; strong focus on Excel, Word, and Powerpoint
- Knowledgeable of OSHA Standards and regulations
- SAP experience preferred
- WMS experience required (Manhattan experience is desirable)
- Experience using voice selecting applications preferred (Vocollect is desirable)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Willing to work varying schedules to learn and support the various Warehouse Operations shifts#CB