This position manages the execution of daily warehouse related activities of one of 3 primary areas: Receiving, Warehouse or Shipping. This position provides direct and in-direct supervision, leadership and development of approximately 20-25 full-time non-exempt employees and up to 100 seasonal employees at various peaks throughout the year.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILIITIES:
Major responsibilities of the position are listed below. To perform the job successfully, the individual must be able to execute each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties, assignments and specific projects may be assigned at the discretion of executive management.
* Lead warehouse functions as related to SAP systems
* Develop staff for future opportunities by providing constructive feedback and writing and conducting performance reviews.
* Accountable for efficiencies, accuracy and inventory control reporting.
* Manage daily activities while meeting budgetary goals, understanding financial variances
* Manage onboarding and training programs including forklift training for seasonal staff
* Serve as the Project Manager for all post season and continuous improvement projects
* Impact retention by fostering a respectful team environment that supports workplace values through
* professional communication and timely problem solving.
* Responsible for employee and food safety by following all security & SQF practices
* Communicate effectively with outside partners such as FedEx & UPS and internally with others including the VP.
* Manage day-to-day problems and issues by working directly with those that can assist with more difficult issues
* Collaborate with business partners in Human Resources and Distribution Planning to forecast staffing needs
* Participate in long term-planning /projects including, automation, capacity and thru-put.
* Enterprise projects and other duties as assigned
* Promote a culture of continuous improvement within retaining and developing world-class diverse talent.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor's Degree in Business or a business-related field is required; 5 years of Distribution and warehouse experience
* Experience managing at least 100 non-exempt associates reporting indirectly to this position.
* Strong proficiency in utilizing WMS and LMS programs.
* Experience SAP systems required, Oracle knowledge a plus
* Experience with developing key performance indicators (KPIs) to drive operations and financial objectives.
* Strong tactical management experience.
* Knowledge of principles and methods for moving people or goods by air, rail, sea, or road, including the relative costs and benefits.
* Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
* Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
* Understanding of the basic food safety guidelines and willingness to learn the requirements related to SQF certification.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled