Chicago, IL, US
6 days ago
Fontanini was established in 1960 by Oriano and Jennie Fontanini. From Lucca, Italy to Chicago, Illinois, the Fontanini family has been creating authentic Italian meats, toppings, and specialty sausages for generations. With a commitment to genuine, handcrafted family recipes, it's a name that customers equate with excellence! In 2017, Fontanini joined the Hormel Foods family. Hormel shared the family values and commitment to quality production making them the perfect match!
Fontanini offers a competitive pay program including excellent benefits to include a comprehensive health insurance plan, prescription drug plan, dental and vision plan, 401(k) with company match, employee assistance and wellness plan, life insurance, short-term disability, vacation and holiday pay, and educational assistance.
Fontanini located in McCook, IL just outside of Chicago is seeking Production Packers on both our 1st Shift and 2nd Shift operations. The ideal candidate will have experience working in a food manufacturing environment.
Position Summary: Production Packers are responsible for packing finished product according to food quality standards and practices.
- Visual inspection of product.
- Package finished product according to packing requirements.
- Complete all required production paperwork.
- Required to perform all required quality checks according to standards.
- Adhere to all food safety practices including reporting any deviations from standards.
- Follow all safety and company policies.
- Participate in safety and quality trainings.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Previous experience working in a manufacturing setting preferably food manufacturing.
- Understanding of GMP's (Good Manufacturing Practices).
- Ability to read labels requirements.
- Ability to perform essential functions of the job per job workstations.
Fontanini Foods is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.