WEB DEVELOPER (RIAASC-21-0294-F):
Bowhead seeks an experienced Web Developer to join our team in supporting the Army Sustainment Command G6 at the Rock Island Arsenal in Rock Island, IL. The Web Developer team is responsible for building and deploying websites, developing and improving site navigation and preparing the technical documentation required. The Web Developer team also performs content management and maintenance, and will be hard coding in C#.NET and VB.NET. Qualified candidates must have experience with SQL databases. All web development must be done from scratch writing in hard code – meaning, no use of WordPress, GUI’s, Shopify or similar.
Essential functions will include:
• Conducting functionality and navigation testing, preparing technical documentation and providing technical support and administration of the infrastructure for implementation and maintenance for both the company and customer’s web sites
• All work must meet all applicable Information Assurance standards, 508 compliancy rules, database design standards as well as Government RMF application STIG requirements
• Will be responsible for own book of work in addition to providing mentorship and training to lower level employees and assisting senior management as needed
• Other duties as assigned
About this Contract: Bowhead provides Application Support to the US Army Sustainment Command at the Rock Island Arsenal, the home of U.S. Army logistics. The work our customers do in world-wide logistical support services has a direct impact on Soldiers in the U.S. and abroad.
• A BA/S is required in addition to at least two to five (2 - 5) years of experience in a development environment
• Must have prior experience with back-end development
• Qualified candidates must meet IAT Level II requirements, (i.e. CompTIA Security+ CE) prior to starting
• Intermediate level skills in Microsoft Office software suite - Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and outside contacts
• Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment with the ability to work alone or as part of a team
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must be able to obtain a security clearance at the Secret level, candidates with an active Secret are highly encouraged to apply. US Citizenship is a requirement for admission to this location.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources for assistance (https://uicalaska.com/careers/recruitment/).
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively, the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Springfield, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies for government contracting. Bowhead offers competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment, short/long-term disability, and 401(k) retirement plans as well as a paid time off programs for eligible full-time employees. Eligible part-time employees are able to participate in the 401(k) retirement plans and state or contract required paid time off programs.
Link to Apply: