Resident Assistant Position Summary
Residents Assistants are an essential part of our wellness team by providing basic personal assistance to the residents in maintaining their highest level of functional independence and psychosocial wellness under the direction and supervision of a RN or LPN.
Resident Assistant Duties/Responsibilities:
- Providing companionship, building rapport and establishing a trusting relationship with our residents
- Assisting residents in activities of daily living, to include ambulation, transferring, showering, personal hygiene, incontinence care, feeding, reminders, supervision.
- Gathering and assisting residents in activities, conducting activities in groups or one-on-one with residents as requested.
- Conducting daily tasks in a safe manner and for adhering to all safety procedures.
- Serves residents meals and after-meal cleanup.
- Assures that resident rooms are clean and tidy throughout each day. Is responsible for resident laundry, as assigned.
- Observes residents and reporting any concerns, e.g., skin breakdown, rash, behavioral changes, speech change, change in appearance, etc., to Wellness Director.
- Follow established safety regulations, including fire protection, infection control, blood borne pathogens, hazardous waste, and quality assurance procedure.
- Communicate with family members, visitors, and volunteers in a customer service-oriented manner.
- Report all changes in the resident’s psychosocial and physical condition, and in skin breakdown to the Wellness Director.
- Report all complaints, grievances, and instances of abuse to the Wellness Director and/or the Executive Director.
- Answer all emergency response system calls immediately.
- Provide post-mortem care as instructed.
- Complete all documentation and paperwork as required.
- Participate in Wellness meetings and mandatory trainings to ensure compliance with all regulations and policies.
- Ensure compliance to American House’s Mission and philosophy as well as all written policies and procedures that govern the Wellness Department.
- Perform all assigned tasks in accordance with policies and procedures and as instructed by the Wellness Director, as well as other members of the leadership team.
Resident Assistant Required Skills/Abilities:
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with both residents and staff
- Ability to lift, pull, push, carry 40 pounds and to move about the community quickly in order to provide emergency assistance to residents.
- Maintains a safe environment for patients and co-workers, transports patients and equipment as appropriate.
Resident Assistant Preferred Skill/Abilities:
- Experience working with Seniors
- CNA certification
- Previous experience in Assisted Living or Memory Care
- Must be able to work weekends from 3:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m.
Resident Assistant Education and Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent educational experience
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Must pass a pre-employment background check, drug screen, TB test and physical
Founded in 1979, American House Senior Living Communities’ vision is to provide high-quality housing for senior at a price affordable for retirees and their families. That vision of excellence has endured for nearly 40 years and expanded to serve residents at a number of senior housing communities. Our mission is to enrich the lives of those we serve, providing an environment that fosters meaningful relationships. Our vision is to be an innovative senior housing company that created sustainable excellence and stakeholder value, with an unparalleled commitment to passionate care provided by compassionate people.