Hall Contracting of Kentucky Inc.
HALL CONTRACTING OF KENTUCKY, INC.
Welders will be required to weld pipe ranging from ½” to 12” pipe from carbon steel to stainless. Welders will have to pass a 6G pipe qualification test in both carbon and stainless. Prefer being able to weld both Tig and Stick. Welders will also be assisting the pipefitters in the installation of the piping systems. Pipefitters will have to be to read blueprints, and capable of cutting and fitting the pipe for welding. Both pipe fitters and welders will be working together installing all necessary pipe supports and equipment to complete the project.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Install stairs, handrails, or curtain walls.
- Make sure all pieces are fitted properly and complete repairs as necessary.
- Must be physically healthy to stand, bend, and walk for up to 10-12 hours a day.
- Interpersonal skills
- Time Management
- Communication skills
- Confidence Abilities
- Demonstrate professionalism
- Have a sense of urgency to meet deadlines
- Multi-task and set priorities effectively
- Excellent hand, eye and foot coordination
- Accomplish goals in a team environment
- Attention to detail
- Excellent sense of balance
- Possess a positive “can do” attitude
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at construction job sites. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud. This position is performed in outside weather conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The employee is required to use proper personal protection equipment. Use of sunscreen and long sleeves is recommended.
Required Education and Experience
No experience required. Prefer Tig, Mig and Stick Pipe Welding. Must be able to pass a 6G pipe test. Must be at least 18 years of age. Applicants must hold a Regular Operator (Class D) driving license. Applicant must have no felonies that are violent in nature and/or theft related in the last 7 years. Applicant must have reliable transportation to and from job site. High School Diploma or GED preferred.
* Federal contractor
* Work opportunities tax credit hires include Veterans
Job Salary and Benefits
* Salary range $29.00/hr.
* Working days vary between weekdays and weekends
* 50 hours per week or more
* Travel is a requirement to remain employed
* Normal work shifts: First (day), but could vary
* Overtime may be required for this position
* The hours for this role are Full-time, Regular
* Leave benefits include Paid Holidays once requirements are met
* Retirement benefits include 401K
* Insurance benefits include Dental, Health, Life, Disability, and Vision
* Miscellaneous benefits include Employee Stock Ownership Plan
Job Recruitment Information
Use Apply Now button below to submit your application or apply in person at 3800 Crittenden Drive, Louisville, KY between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday
Disclaimer: this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
EOE – M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Women and Minorities encouraged to apply
VERRA Federal Contractor
Our priority for referrals of protected veterans is highly desired