Bowling Green, KY
Build What Matters
At Lee Company, our mission is to create a workplace where all employees can thrive – professionally and personally.
We take the time to invest in our employees, so they can build what matters most to them: a career they love, financial security, a healthy life, the sense of belonging or a way to give back to the community.
If you want competitive pay and benefits, plus an opportunity to realize your dreams and reach your full potential, join our winning team and start building what matters to you.
Check out our careers page: http://www.leecompany.com/careers/
Summary of Job:
Assists in all related tasks (e.g., cutting, fit-up, welding, grinding, and painting) in the process of producing welded pipe and various structural steel assemblies per drawings and specifications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (include but are not limited to)
Assists journeyman level craft workers in the below:
- Read and interpret drawings and specifications to determine what material, tools, and equipment will be needed to complete tasks.
- Cut, bevel, and prep pipe for welding.
- Perform pipe fitting assembly per spool drawings holding correct welding gaps, dimensions, and fitting orientations.
- Weld root, fill, and cap passes on pipe in any position in conformance to specified quality acceptance criteria.
- Assemble and weld various structural steel products per drawing requirements.
- Operates horizontal band saw, beveling machine, GMAW (MIG) and GTAW (TIG) welders, pipe positioners, electrostatic paint, and leak testing equipment.
- Utilize specified personal protective equipment and safe work practices.
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma, GED, or equivalent preferred
- 0-6 months of related experience and/or training is required.
Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrate proper and safe use of related tools and equipment.
- Proficient in reading and interpreting drawings and specification documents.
- Knowledgeable of welding quality requirements and able to inspect welds relative to standard acceptance criteria.
- Able to use various measuring, locating, and testing tools and equipment
- Ability to work and communicate effectively individually as well as in a team environment. Must be able to handle stress and job demands.
- Must be able to cooperatively work with others.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions:
The physical activities described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations.
Individuals may need to ride or drive in a vehicle for 2 or more hours at a time depending on position.
Individuals working at an outside job site may be exposed to varying temperatures including very hot (above 90 degrees F) or very cold (below 32 degrees F) and all weather conditions.
Individuals may be exposed to: cramped work spaces, contaminants, extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions, exposure to sounds and noise levels that are distracting or uncomfortable.
Performing this job requires frequent use of hands to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Must be able to sit, talk, hear, and stand frequently throughout the day. Must be able to climb, reach above shoulder height, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl frequently. The position occasionally may require lifting heavy objects (up to 75 pounds) and performing strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions.
Individuals may occasionally be exposed to hazardous conditions, high places and /or hazardous equipment. May work with or around chemicals that require knowledge of a safety data sheet.
Lee Company is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or testing, or family and medical leave.