CSIG Holding Company
Wellness Director (RN)
The Wellness Director is responsible for the overall direction and coordination of administrative, clinical, and resident care services within a senior living community environment.
- Compassionate towards the senior population, especially those with Alzheimer’s, or other dementias.
- RN Requirement.
- Prior supervisory experience required.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- The Wellness Director actively supports our culture – our pillars and 1440.
- Directly manages all Wellness Staff (all shifts) to provide compassionate and competent care for residents.
- Implement and coordinate all services for residents admitted to community.
- Perform admission of residents quarterly, upon return from Hospital or skilled environment, or change of condition.
- Assess the need for preventive and restorative programs to ensure achievable and optimal goals for quality of life.
- Obtain written orders for any necessary changes to service plan.
- Verification of MARS/TARS and communicate with pharmacy to assure accuracy of medication and treatment administration.
- Assess dietary and hydration needs and communicate with proper departments.
- Monitor and evaluate monthly weights and vital signs as necessary.
- Evaluate residents for skin integrity and functional status while maintaining weekly records.
- Overall responsibility for direction, coordination, and evaluation of the Wellness Department.
- Carrying out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with organizational policies and procedures and regulatory requirements and applicable laws.
- Provide assistance to staff members regarding any interpretation of criteria standards.
- Evaluate Occurrence Reports/Care Associate log submitted by staff members.
- Resident and family relationship building by assisting families and/or residents to identify, plan and obtain needed assistance from the Wellness Center and other departments.
- Completion of appropriate paperwork and recommendations as to better and/or more efficient ways of operating the department.
- The Wellness Director completes daily round on all residents.
- Utilize budget parameters to order and maintain an acceptable level of inventory for the Wellness department.
- Planning monthly staff meetings and trainings in collaboration with the Life Enrichment Director.
- Act as resident advocate with external medical care providers.
- Develop Care Associate assignment/update ongoing task sheets in point of care software.
- Maintain/update all records both written and in point of care software.
- Develop, organize, implement and evaluate training for new and existing Wellness staff.
- Provide training as needed for other departments.
- Interview and hire staff within budgeted guidelines.
- Knowledge of all emergency policies and provision of updated information to staff.
General Working Conditions
This position entails standing for long periods of time. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to communicate effectively with others, sit, stand, walk and use hands to handle keyboard, telephone, paper, files, and other equipment and objects. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. This position requires the ability to review detailed documents and read computer screens. The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The work environment requires appropriate interaction with others. The noise level in the work environment is moderate. Occasional travel to different locations may be required.
Connecting Seniors, Families and Communities
StoryPoint and Independence Village have over 35 years of experience working and living with seniors creating a deep understanding of their unique needs and desires. It’s this combination of technology, understanding, appreciation, and commitment that sets us apart and makes our culture so special for both our employees and our residents. Everyone in our communities commits to appreciating our residents as individuals who deserve to shine, every day.
Not Just Making Every Day Great. Making Every Minute Great. There are 1,440 minutes in every single day. We aspire to make each one of them an exceptional moment. This philosophy is supported by our 6 powerful, yet simple pillars: Dream Big, Have Courage, Take Initiative, Be Accountable, Give Back & Enjoy it. We strive to fulfill the aspirational goal of creating the absolute best experience with every person, in every interaction, every minute of every day.
It begins with empowering our employees. Every employee, at every level of the company, is expected to perform like a leader. Everyone is encouraged and expected to put the needs of each other above everything else. No one here just “does their job” The mission is to create the absolute best experiences. This emphasis on putting people first has helped us successfully grow for the right reasons.
We have developed an environment that attracts dreamers, adventurers, creators, givers and believers to seek career opportunities with us. We find people who believe that true happiness is only found in the service of others. We want high-performers with diverse skill-sets and big hearts. We treat each other as family and find that close collaboration creates the biggest ideas.
We have comprehensive benefit packages that include health, dental, vision, 401(k), income protection, and extraordinary work-life benefits.
This classification description is intended to indicate the general kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that are required of positions given this title and should not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct and control the work of the employees under her/his supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind or level of difficulty.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Click on glassdoor to see our employee testimonials