Capital Senior Living
The Waterford at Levis Commons is a Independent Living and Assisted Living community conveniently located in Perrysburg, OH. We are looking for a responsible and organized individual to join our team as the Wellness Director.
About Capital Senior Living:
About Capital Senior Living Dallas-based Capital Senior Living Corporation is one of the nation’s leading operators of independent living, assisted living and memory care communities for senior adults. The Company currently operates 88 communities that are home to nearly 7,000 residents across 20 states providing compassionate, resident-centric services and care and engaging programming.
About this Position:
The Wellness Director is responsible for the overall implementation, delivery, and coordination of resident services at the community. Directly supervises all employees of the nursing department. This position is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this department. This person also carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. The responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Involves being completely familiar with the state regulations governing Assisted Living and ensuring compliance in department by regularly reviewing regulations checklist.
- Performs timely and accurate resident assessments utilizing assessment tool, and communicating changes to the Executive Director for billing purposes
- Manages expenses within given budget parameters utilizing spend-down sheets.
- Provides oversight with medication management to assure all MAR's are correct and that the residents receive medications timely and accurately. Working with consultant pharmacist as needed to assure community is in compliance.
- Ensures all charting is performed in a timely manner and in accordance with state regulations.
- Provides timely and honest communication with families in order to promote good relationships and to keep them informed about the resident's condition and community events.
- Provides marketing support within the community by participating in tours and discussions with potential residents and their families about clinical needs of the prospect.
- Provides assessments for potential residents to determine their eligibility for Assisted Living.
- Creates positive employee relations through staff appreciation programs, recognition of excellent performance, and retention through regular feedback systems and promotional incentive programs.
- Provides appropriate guidance for employees by planning work schedules, assigning work duties while on shift, and directing the work on a daily basis.
- Provides on-call backup to community when not on duty. Maintains confidentiality of all pertinent personal or health information concerning residents and staff.
- Ensures that any incident reports are completed properly and promptly.
A Candidate holding an RN in OH is required. A minimum of 1-year experience in senior housing and/or geriatric nursing preferred. Prior management experience preferred. Candidate must either be certified or be able to become CPR and First Aid Certified within the first 90 days of employment. Candidate must also be able to read, write and speak the English language and be able to communicate effectively with residents, families, physicians and employees. Candidate must have the ability to be on call, and occasionally work nights, weekends and holidays.Community Leadership