Windows/Linux Core Systems Infrastructure Engineer
Areas of Interest: Core Infrastructure Services, Cloud Computing, Clustering, Disaster & Recovery, Distributed File Systems, High-Availability Systems Architecture, Software Deployment, System Automation, Virtualization, Decentralized Systems, Digital Circuits, High Frequency Trading
Senior Systems Engineer
Company is a global financial data and software company with offices in 35 locations worldwide. As a global provider of financial information and analytics, Company helps the world’s best investment professionals outperform. More than 133,000 industry professionals stay ahead of global market trends, access extensive company and industry intelligence, and monitor performance with Company’s desktop analytics, mobile applications, and comprehensive data feeds. As of September 24, 2020, annual subscription value reached $1.48 billion and headcount passed 10,000.
Company’s Core Application Infrastructure is a team of DevOp / SRE minded engineers within the System Infrastructure department focused on the architecture, design and maintenance of our infrastructure, software and processes surrounding Company’s core client facing products. Our team manages many complex systems including the large distributed compute grids which run daily production jobs computing advanced analytics on a range of bonds and structured securities. The use of Windows, Linux, relational and non-relational databases, caching, message queue, scheduling, scripting, storage and file manipulation are leveraged to enable high value workflows for our clients.
Core Application Infrastructure Engineers are expected to build and/or manage the tools, APIs, dashboards and alerting systems that are used to ensure the efficient and timely completion of analytical workflows, manage deployment processes, and automate manual procedures. Core Application Infrastructure Engineers are involved in projects, working closely with various software and systems teams to architect, build, provision, and integrate software and systems into robust and scalable workflow oriented platforms. There are many technologies and individuals involved; the successful candidate will have both technical and interpersonal skill sets to efficiently manage complex projects from start to finish.
- Design and develop software, processes, and workflows to support and monitor production workflows on our large distributed compute infrastructure often with full ownership from idea to implementation
- Design and build tools/automation to improve efficiency of our production systems and productivity of our team
- Perform forensic and root cause analysis of job and infrastructure failures including the use of debugging tools
- Achieve business objectives through the use of elegant yet simple architecture leveraging various open source, commercial, and proprietary solutions.
- Collaborate with various engineering teams on the architecture, best practices, and design paradigms of the distributed infrastructure and the applications that run on them.
- Participate in the research and documentation of processes, including new procedure documentation, implementation, and updates while contributing significantly to enterprise architecture strategy, roadmap and standards.
- Bachelors in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent
- 5 or more years experience as a software developer or systems engineer with experience operating in a leading role in significant technical projects
- Ability to communicate with developers, project managers, business stakeholders, and other disciplines of systems administration overseeing many technical projects simultaneously and prioritizing appropriately
- Knowledge of relational database concepts and SQL as well NoSQL technologies
- Experience programming with C++, C# or other Object-Oriented Language
- Experience with Managed Code for automation such as Powershell, Ansible, Terraform, Python, bash or other scripting languages
- Periodic on-call availability
- Strong understanding of distributed computing systems
- In-depth experience with Windows Server 2016 & Red Hat Enterprise Linux equivalent
- Experience with cloud providers such as AWS
- Experience with containerization concepts and orchestration platforms
- Ability to demonstrate working knowledge of full compute stack from OS to networking
- Experience leading projects, interfacing with technical and nontechnical teams with strong attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills combined with an insatiable curiosity about how things work
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-disciplined and highly motivated
About the Company
Case Interactive is a full-service staffing firm handling temporary, temp-to –hire, and direct placements. Servicing the US market, we carefully match qualified candidates with quality companies.
At Case Interactive, we realize that each company has its own unique needs. We will do the recruitment legwork for you, so that you can go about running your business. Just as important as client satisfaction, we want our applicants to enjoy their work assignments. We carefully screen, test and match to ensure that our candidates are able to perform their assignments with confidence and competence.
Whether you’re a business needing help or an applicant looking for a job, please give Case Interactive a call. We would like the opportunity to work behind the scenes to promote your success.
Case Interactive expects to deliver unique solutions that meet the staffing challenges created by today’s evolving market. Our Strategic Staffing Solutions are customized to meet each client’s specific needs. We begin by conducting a methodical analysis of your company and then go on to develop an understanding of your organization’s goals, constraints, budgets, expectations and needs. We then have our team begin researching the industry, major competitors and market expectations.
We begin by gaining knowledge of your business, goals, technology, and competitors.This is critical to the success of every one of our client engagements. Case Interactive assesses your staffing capabilities and productivity, including a review of your current staffing systems, tools, and processes. We make recommendations and develop tailored solutions to meet your specific needs.”
Temp Labor/Consulting Services
- Fully Functional Payroll
- Contingent Labor
- Per Diem Staffing
- Payroll Services
We proactively recruit through a variety of network resources to identify the best candidates. Our customer relationship management team is comprised of seasoned professionals who have both the ability and industry experience needed to resolve your company’s most difficult IT/Computer Engineering, Engineering, Supply Chain/Procurement or Human Resources staffing challenges.
Our retained search division typically works with clients seeking to hire mid to senior level managers. Under this program, you agree to retain our services exclusively for the specific purpose of securing a particular hire. In return, Case Interactive commits to provide you a continued flow of qualified, interested candidates until we’ve helped you, directly or indirectly, to secure a hire.
On-Site Outsourced Staffing
Additionally functional services include:
- Resume and candidate screening to manage flow and generate pre-screened candidates
- Staffing strategy development and staffing process evaluation
- On-site contract recruitment staff
- Project Manager to assure that the quantity and quality of candidates sufficiently meets your hiring goals