Lake Scranton Urgent Care
We are looking for PER DIEM/PART TIME candidate(s) to join our clinical staff. Must be competent, reliable, and versatile. Shifts may be weekdays or weekend days and to cover scheduled vacation days and sick/call off days, based on your availability. Rate based on experience. Orientation and training to begin immediately. ARRT certification is required.
LSUC treats non-life threatening illnesses and injuries, performs physicals from school to DOT, and provides Occ Med and Workers' Comp services. The practice sees patients 5 and older. Quick clinical and tech learning are a plus. Rate based on experience. Job functions include but not limited to the following :
- Verifying patients' identity and reviewing Physicians’ orders before beginning x-ray procedures.
- Using x-ray equipment to take radiographic images of patients' bones, tissues, and organs as per Physicians’ written orders.
- Explaining x-ray procedures to patients and answering their questions.
- Positioning patients accordingly, which may include lifting and moving patients with limited mobility.
- Limiting patients' exposure to radiation by placing lead shields on patients where needed.
- Ensuring that the x-rays taken are of sound quality to prevent repeat procedures.
- Ensuring that the x-ray equipment is in good working order.
- Promptly notifying management of damaged or malfunctioning x-ray equipment.
- Maintaining an accurate record of completed x-ray procedures.
- Assisting providers and other clinicians with exams and procedures.
- Triaging patients.
- Working efficiently in the EMR and other computer applications.
- Willing to learn and be certified on other procedures under supervision of task leads.
- Working efficiently in a fast paced environment.